Skis

Volkl’s RTM 84 are my go to's. Love em. Have a back up older pair of Solomons all mountain skis that’ll be my rockers once they see enough rocks.

My son has the RTM 81 and really likes them. RTM 84 would be great if I was looking for an in bounds carver, but it’s probably not all that well suited to touring for powder.

My son has the RTM 81 and really likes them. RTM 84 would be great if I was looking for an in bounds carver, but it’s probably not all that well suited to touring for powder.
Yup, my powder skiing leaves a lot to be desired but learning every chance I get. Gonna try again & get at some today.

Yup, my powder skiing leaves a lot to be desired but learning every chance I get. Gonna try again & get at some today.
Success?!?

Another one to look into is this years' Armada Declivity (Zero Series). Looks like a sweet touring/all mountain ski. But probably hard to find a deal (new model). I miss working in a shop and being able to demo all the new goodies!

Success?!?
Not yet, didn’t go, wussied out. Snowed 3 more inches today, and is snowing now. I’ll try to work up some courage for tomorrow hopefully. Thought about trying the bump behind the house but it’s easier to walk the dog up it. If I could get her to pull me it’d help but hounds aren’t the best ski dogs.

Success?!?
Powder was dense yesterday skiing in it. (non lake effect). Soft un-groomed bump run was challenging due to being an old fart and the lift serving the Ptarmigan trail wasn’t spinning. Laps using the RTM-84s on all the other trails worked best for me.

So, got the Ripstick 96 Black Editions. Skiessentials has and extra 20% off 2020 (and earlier) gear. Free shipping, no tax, ordered Monday and delivered Wednesday. Very good deal on the skis, now I just need to find a deal on the Shifts to go on them....

Very good deal on the skis, now I just need to find a deal on the Shifts to go on them....
I’m not sure you are gonna find a deal on Shifts. Couldn’t you have got them from skiessentials and have them mount them?

That might have been convenient....but I’ll find a sale sooner or later and even paying for mounting at the local shop I’ll save a few $.

I go to Ski Haus now. I’m done with Potters

Back