Skis

What year were the RTMs? Bought mine new, winter 17-18.
Might trade em in. But I still like em.
Congrats, and why did you hate RTMs? I have never skied em but ppl seem pretty high on them here.

Subtext - my masterblasters (from I think 17) are going strong with well over a 100 days but a guy can always dream. And they are fairly wide under foot.
I need to take most of the blame for not liking the ski...Get this ,they where Coach Z skis..He's a big boy. I'm a winnie 5'9 160
what could be wrong. They where just to much , to big, to heavy etc...But they where dirt dirt cheap...lol
the navigators are much shorter at 172 and seem to be much lighter with a tighter radius...we will see, they where cheap too..:cool:;)

Wow. They got here really quick. ETA was 11/16.

IMG_1342.jpeg

Summary: Hey guys and gals - posting a thought for second pair of skis - frontside carver; I already have a ski that can handle off piste, powder, crud, and chop - the J ski master blasters (96mm underfoot, I think I have 169s). The only issue I have is at speed on hardpack they get a bit jittery and (understandably) harder to get on edge. Bought them as a quiver of one.

What are your thoughts on below for a carver/groomer/frontside ski that I have actually skied: Head Super Shape e-titan.

Detail

I am looking at the Head Super Shape e-titan, 170 cm, 133mm-84-115 sidecut. I actually skied them about a year ago as a great instructor I ski with at Gore (Todd) suggested I do a few runs on them. They were pretty awesome as groomer/hardpack skis -- easy to get on edge and then super stable at speed (like super stable).

Not much rocker and pretty flat tails.

The only downside I see is that these skis are what they are - hardpack/carvers that are super stable. I am sure I could jump into bumps a bit, but they are not going to be great tree skis. It is not a big deal for me to bring both pairs of skis around, even with a full on family trip.

Cash is not a major consideration given that I have gotten well over 100 days on the Jskis.

Any detail I should be thinking about? I don't know a ton about bindings but I think these have bindings built in.

Thanks all.

I’ve been looking hard at the Atomic 88s real hard for the same reasons. Except I have a couple carver’s but looking for something a little more compliant in bumps and side trail.
They are supposed to carve quite well and with the rocker, float well when off trail. I have the 100 and only skied twice in conditions they are ment for and was very impressed with how the carved and floated. Other nice thing about them, they are very light but have a backbone.

Summary: Hey guys and gals - posting a thought for second pair of skis - frontside carver; I already have a ski that can handle off piste, powder, crud, and chop - the J ski master blasters (96mm underfoot, I think I have 169s). The only issue I have is at speed on hardpack they get a bit jittery and (understandably) harder to get on edge. Bought them as a quiver of one.

What are your thoughts on below for a carver/groomer/frontside ski that I have actually skied: Head Super Shape e-titan.

Detail

I am looking at the Head Super Shape e-titan, 170 cm, 133mm-84-115 sidecut. I actually skied them about a year ago as a great instructor I ski with at Gore (Todd) suggested I do a few runs on them. They were pretty awesome as groomer/hardpack skis -- easy to get on edge and then super stable at speed (like super stable).

Not much rocker and pretty flat tails.

The only downside I see is that these skis are what they are - hardpack/carvers that are super stable. I am sure I could jump into bumps a bit, but they are not going to be great tree skis. It is not a big deal for me to bring both pairs of skis around, even with a full on family trip.

Cash is not a major consideration given that I have gotten well over 100 days on the Jskis.

Any detail I should be thinking about? I don't know a ton about bindings but I think these have bindings built in.

Thanks all.
I spend 99% of my time on Rossi FIS SL, that should give you some idea of what I prioritize in a ski.

Buy the Heads.

There's a new generation of front side carvers, my buddy picked up a pair of black crow mirus' that look fun as shit, can;t wait to try 'em out one day. also line line blade optic etc., a little more dimensional than a traditional cheater ski if your not doing beer league racing or anything

Back