Ski Bowl 3.0 at Gore

In the early season, make snow at the highest elevations first cause it’s colder at the top.
Last year the natural snow came at the highest elevations when it was wet down low.
That doesn’t work at Gore. There’s too much low elevation terrain you need to cover just for access to the upper mountain. That would have worked with the red gondola but I don’t think anyone wants that back. AFAIK they never downloaded that one either.

mm

Whiteface has a gpm of 6000 and about 250 snowmaking acres. That's actually pretty good. The problem is that in my opinion, their snowmaking performance is just not matching up with what their capacity is.
Gore has ~450 acres with much more flat connectors needing covered. What’s Gore's max snowpower?

Topridge is a possibility but not a huge elevation advantage, and it faces the sun in the am.

That doesn’t work at Gore. There’s too much low elevation terrain you need to cover just for access to the upper mountain. That would have worked with the red gondola but I don’t think anyone wants that back. AFAIK they never downloaded that one either.

mm
In the 1980s and early 1990s they ran the red gondola in the late spring for upper mountain skiing. We down loaded the red gondi to get back to the base.

In the 1980s and early 1990s they ran the red gondola in the late spring for upper mountain skiing. We down loaded the red gondi to get back to the base.
In my opinion that's the big and maybe only advantage of the red gondola over the "new" green gondi .

All you really gotta do for a great late season experience is blow the normal huge amount on rumor and make sure that (lower) headwaters is good to go.

Speaking of the red gondola, I often see the old station when riding the Topridge Triple. Anyway that can be rehabbed and used somehow? I know the mountain has a lot going on but maybe down the road that can become of some sort of use. I often thought about trying to ski to it but I'm not willing to put in the trek

Any theories/ as to why this deal never took off?
They built a handful of single family homes and tried to sell more with the covid demand bump but the price point was very high for the area and I don't think any were built. Gore never built the new trails that would make them ski in/out. Maybe Ski Bowl 3.0 will revive it.

Snowmaking on Moxham seems to be happening?

Someone sent me pics but they are tiny. Will post if I can get something larger.

Back