Roller Coaster Thread

Yes. If you remember that last road trip I took my sons on before COVID, we hit 4 of them in between baseball parks. I don’t remember if the TR got ported over when Harv upgraded the forum. It’ should be in the archive someplace at least
I totally remember that but I don’t recall if you mentioned how the pass works. That’s pretty cool.

To be clear, they do nickel and dime you a hundred different ways once you’re inside the park but the season pass is a good value

Which Superman ride? There are many in the Six Flags chain, and they are not all the same. The Six Flags New England version is an Intamin hypercoaster, and is widely considered to be the best Superman themed ride in the chain. The Great Adventure version is a B&M flying coaster. It has one intense element with what's called the Pretzel Loop, but it mostly just meanders the rest of the layout. It's still a fun ride, but usually a one and done for me.
6 flags new England. its been awhile but if i remember it correctly you climb slowly up the first hill. you then go into s serious nose dive. just before you wet yourself the coaster pulls out of the dive and banks right. like i said, awesome ride

I don’t think so. You can get your hand stamped and go back to your car.
Well, you could stash your lunch like you’re sneaking something into prison.

But seriously, when a corporate entity says some basic needs items aren’t aloud such as a water bottle I become that much more motivated to break the rules!

What’s a hyper coaster?
The definition varies based on who you ask. But I define it as a steel coaster over 200 feet tall with a layout that it focused on speed and airtime. Most do not have inversions, though a few of the newer ones do.

Intamin I’m guessing is a coaster construction company?
Yes, it's short for International Amusement Installations. They are one of the largest coaster manufacturers. Intamin, along with Bolliger and Mabillard (B&M) and Rocky Mountain Construction (RMC) are the most common ones in North America, but there are many coaster manufacturers. It's not like lift manufacturers where there are really only 2.

Inversions?
Any point where the ride goes upside down.

And lastly how do you get the airtime moments? I’m thinking it’s at the top of a rise and then an immediate drop but I’m not totally sure.
When you feel like you're coming out of your seat. Usually at the top of a hill or during a drop.

Back