Roller Coaster Thread

A certain Massachusetts amusement park thought it was a good idea to take apart the second train on all the coasters two weeks before the end of the season. That meant much longer wait times than there would normally be for the number of people here. Other than that, a pretty good day. Glad that things are still open to hold me over till ski season.

20221106_161742.jpg

They're open two weeks later than last year. And this weekend is still Fright Fest, their Halloween event, which is extremely popular. Run all the trains!

20221113_155029.jpg

20221113_155933.jpg

Last day of the season at Six Flags New England. Low crowds, but very cold, especially when riding a coaster in the front row.

Many enthusiasts make trips to Florida or other regions with year round parks over the winter, but this concludes the coaster season for me. It's time for ski season. Bring on winter!

@snoloco what is the most popular ride, or biggest attraction at SFGA? What serves the most patrons per year?

What’s going on with the Cliffside Coaster at Hoevenberg? Has anyone been on it?

Last edited:
@Ripitz I've seen the cliffside coaster in action in dryland season. I've seen people on the rock climbing wall. I've seen people doing the tourist luge rides. Almost everything except skiing. :cautious:

@Ripitz I've seen the cliffside coaster in action in dryland season. I've seen people on the rock climbing wall. I've seen people doing the tourist luge rides. Almost everything except skiing. :cautious:
Ya can still see remnants of Song's coaster.
It’s easier to observe from the Riblet double.

Turn the sound off if ya wanna.

Ya can still see remnants of Song's coaster.
It’s easier to observe from the Riblet double.
Took 1 run down the trail nearest the Riblet Friday. Snow was good but there was much better ❄️ to my liking elsewhere. Only time I stopped on a trail for pics.
There’s bits of the twin tracks in there behind the brush.
IMG_0509.jpeg

Same spot but looking up at the Riblet.
IMG_0510.jpeg

Back