Protect The Adirondacks

:LOL:
Cue RA and friends dropping the impossible, straight down the fall line, smoking the brakes.
I’ve built some of those too. These days it’s more about limiting the steep bits to more manageable or maintainable sections, generally <30 feet on directional dh trail and with smooth exits/transitions that keep riders off the brakes but yeah, I still love an old school jam from time to time but I can’t build like that professionally

I think the difficulties go all the way back the fact that NYS decided to draw the park boundaries in a way that put thousands of people and a great deal of private property inside the park and that many activities which were allowed in the past are now claimed to be illegal based on new interpretations of old laws. Parks aren’t supposed to have towns and highways and ski resorts inside them.

I think the difficulties go all the way back the fact that NYS decided to draw the park boundaries in a way that put thousands of people and a great deal of private property inside the park and that many activities which were allowed in the past are now claimed to be illegal based on new interpretations of old laws. Parks aren’t supposed to have towns and highways and ski resorts inside them.
There are more parks inside of cities&towns than outside of cities&towns.
The Blue Line is in fact a rare special case.
Bureaucracy much

Roughly 3.4 million acres out of 6 million acres in the Adk Park are privately owned.
A Mississippi company has some acres. They get to cut trees too.
Hotty Toddy y’all.

Last edited:
“New York state offers a property tax break for landowners who commit to protect their private forest land, but some property owners are not living up to their end of the agreement,” DiNapoli said.

Now an old DEC commissioner goes back to being chairman of the board of directors at ORDA.
I remember playing musical chairs as a kid but the rools were ya took a seat away each round when the music was playing.
Seems these folks get to play with no seats being eliminated.

Back when Martens was board chairman @ORDA.

Last edited:
Back