Post Your Camp Pics

20221215_202336.jpg

This new and improved driveway takes the fun out of parking at the top of the steep part.

There is no headwall anymore!

Roughly where the garage will go, where that rock is, lower left of the shot.

20230218_174622.jpg

If you like hunting camps of the ADK, this is a cool video. It's of camps in the best county in NYS, Hamilton county. We still have a couple of family camps in and around Bakers Mills. This reminds me of them.

If you like hunting camps of the ADK, this is a cool video. It's of camps in the best county in NYS, Hamilton county. We still have a couple of family camps in and around Bakers Mills. This reminds me of them.

The last camp my grandfather had was on Goodnow Flow.

20230414_062047.jpg

We had some stone delivered in March before the road got soft.
20230414_230109.jpg

The should probably be in a new thread called hunting. But I'm certainly not the person to start that. If somebody else does, I’ll move this over.

I have some questions.

Are there too many deer now today? What would a science person say about that? I'm sure ot varies by region.

When The Europeans arrived in North America were their deer here? Who were the deers predators cats knines who?

I guess if those predators were also a threat to man or maybe man's food supply. They were hunted away and now the predator job is ours? Is that right?

How far from a dwelling do you have to be to safely hunt?

I know I can Google all this stuff I just saw I would ask here instead.

Back