Poll: What changes would you like to see at your home mountain?

What changes would you like to see at your home mountain?

• More skier visits

• Less skier visits

• Skier visits stay about the same

• Day ticket prices rise

• Day ticket prices fall

• Day ticket prices stay about the same

• Join a mega-pass (Epic or Ikon)

• Withdraw or refrain from a mega-pass (Epic or Ikon)

• Join a "frequency product" like Indy

• Withdraw from a "frequency product" like Indy

• Install high speed lifts everywhere

• Install high speed lifts from the main/base lifts, fixed grip up top

• No additional high speed lifts, maintain current lifts aggressively

• Inclusive (higher) ticket prices to cover ancillaries: parking, bag check, first tracks etc

• Unbundled pricing with separate fees to cover parking, bag check, first tracks etc

• Slopeside lodging added or expanded

• Slopeside lodging prohibited or removed

• Uphill traffic allowed or expanded (modest fee)

• Uphill traffic prohibited or reduced

• Addition of snowshoeing and/or nordic sports

• Other changes not included in poll (please detail below)

• No changes, I like my mountain the way it is.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sheesh. Everybody’s a critic (including me I guess). Also, the rest of you all are just copying me. It’s not the first time this has happened. I’m a trend setter
edit: EWTBB

Last edited:
for Hunter I would ask that the Westside snowmaking be upgraded to cover the infamous Westway [actually no snowmaking] and Annapurna, and also that Westway be graded and sculpted a little better. If Vail did that they would make the whole mountain better and safer as it would filter the best skiers to the West Side, and make the rest of the mountain less crowded especially on the weekends.

So Westway is too wide, costs too much to blow and the ROI is negative million?

If true, please confirm and answer me this.

What was the original thinking? Was it ever open consistently?

Second, how hard would it be to narrow it? I mean there is zero soil there. Would a snow fence worK?

So Westway is too wide, costs too much to blow and the ROI is negative million?

If true, please confirm and answer me this.

What was the original thinking? Was it ever open consistently?

Second, how hard would it be to narrow it? I mean there is zero soil there. Would a snow fence worK?
During the years I skied there it was rarely open but...
On that unicorn powder day when there's already 2+ feet on the ground and its dumping 3+ inches an hour that trail makes perfect sense.

Side note the line directly under the lift is great but the pipe flanges, boulders, and other debris are not good.

I’d love to see Platty bring back the “first 50 skiers on Friday morning” specials. $25 is probably too low to ask for at this point but maybe $40
Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought it was $10 for the first hundred back in 2008 or so? Used to ski there most Friday's back then.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I thought it was $10 for the first hundred back in 2008 or so? Used to ski there most Friday's back then.
Could be. I don’t know when it changed but I remember it being just certain Fridays - $25 1st 50. I’m sure it was $25 because it figured in a certain controversy which we don’t need to rehash again.

If "home" mountain is the most visits then it would probably be Belle for me, but I'm voting as Platty.

Snowmaking is really the one and only thing they need more of. And yes I would pay 20% more for 30% more snowmaking

I like it TGA. Everybody picks their own home mountain.

At Plattekill, pumping and air compression have been upgraded significantly.

Today, they can make 2x the amount of snow per minute vs the amount they could make only 2 short years ago.

We saw that on Sunday.

Now the limit is water, or more precisely, water storage.

I'm very careful not to knock Platty too much around here, or compare them to ORDA with all that state money, but they also could have started sooner. Belle had been blowing for weeks before Platty turned on the guns. NorthFace being in the shade could have survived that meltdown if it had a bigger base.

I know they need to finish the reservoir at the top, I'm assuming the pond between the parking lots of their current source?

Back