Patagonia cuts ties with Jackson Hole

Are they boycotting too??

Last edited:
We have a local store that's a massive Carhartt dealer. I like to deal locally.

Timberland Pro has good outdoor gear as well. Most of my firewood cutting clothes is from them.
Didn’t know bout that place.
Definitely will stop next time thru Homer.
Thanks Camp.

It's worth a stop. They're home to the largest pair of jeans in the world.

“If we don’t have you don’t need it.” Roland “Frog” Fragnoli.
They own Roland’s in Skinnyatlast too.
Didn’t put the Homer-Skaneateles connection together but it makes sense now.

Been buying Patagonia gear for more than 30 yrs, Still have a fleece pullover from mid 80s and just retired a ski jacket from 1985.cuffs on sleeves had disintegrated, 2nd zipper was shot, pocket zippers also but it was still nice and warm. I'm hard on gear and though it may be pricey up front I think it's worth it. Return/repair policy is unbelievable. Sent back a pair of ski pants that had to be 10+ yrs old for repair of side zippers and Velcro on cuffs. They just sent back a brand new pair of the current model, no charge, Wow. Was at Squaw about 6 yrs ago and got talking to a local on one of the chairs, told me about a big Patagonia outlet store in Reno. Picked up a bunch of stuff there at big markdowns, some w minor blems and some just older stuff but the quality was still top notch.

Patagonia makes quality stuff but definitely expensive
a lot of hardcore skiers can’t afford stuff like that , remember seeing duct taped gear!
I saw on other ski forum thread someone promoting some potential new pants for women called Nobody’s Princess
they sell T shirts for over $40; ?it’s been pretty comical following the process of a “kickstarter” ie bug your friends for money so you can have something to do, women are replying confused with ordering because theirs too many variables for a viable start up, they got suckered in bye another trying to get a good early price, yikes! not a very smart person behind it obviously, check it out let me know what you think, especially about the logo that makes no sense

F0F2640A-0013-428E-8434-7A9F7BA249DE.jpeg
Here’s an example of why I believe these will fail, they made vents on back of thighs instead of inner thighs where all the top manufacturers make them, when questioned by a prospective buyer as to the location of the vents because “if you fall you will get snow, water inside “ etc but the person “making” the pants said that would not happen, just blew off a reasonable chance to fix an obvious problem, but they are sticking with the location of the vents JUST because it makes them look not as obese, so nothing to do with function only use is to deceive, ?. main reason for this info so as people make an educated decision on what to buy rather then being sold on by someone looking to get them cheaper by having you pay more

Or were they also cutting ties due to the recent federal reserve meeting there?
Nice place to visit but wouldn’t want to live there.
Look like Fed’s Jackson Hole meeting is gonna be virtual now.
Wonder if they’ll be calling in from homes on the prairie or calling in from the mountains.

"Due to the recently elevated COVID-19 health risk level in Teton County, Wyo., the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City will host its 2021 Economic Policy Symposium, “Macroeconomic Policy in an Uneven Economy,” virtually on Friday, Aug. 27."

Back