Patagonia cuts ties with Jackson Hole

If I had one complaint about them it would be fit as well. I am the opposite body size. It seems they cater to tall skinny people. My suspicion is that it’s from their rock climbing roots which may be their target demographic. Their finish could be described as utilitarian. Arc’teryx is also making a great effort toward sustainability and fair trade. IMO they have a better fit and finish but at an even higher price point. You get what you pay for.
I could say the same thing about Arc and skinny tall people. Arc's stuff never fits me at 6'2" and 215. They claim that they make stuff that fits, but every time I try on an XL, I cannot fit a t-shirt under it. The XXL size seem to only exist on line, as I have ever seen one in the wild to try on. Their pricing is way beyond the pricing of the usual suspects, including Patagonia. Also, I like pockets. The extra ounces they save by eliminating pockets does not mean squat on a 200+ pound human. It seems Arc is still stuck using those old weight charts that say I should weigh 186lbs. I passed that weight when I was 16, never to be seen again.

Patagonia seems to favor the skinny climber set too, but I do fit in some of their stuff that is marked regular.

Patagonia makes very nice, high quality gear. Their commitment to fix busted gear is very cool.

There’s definitely some things I really like from Carhartt. Hats, zip up hoodies but I’ve gravitated towards Dickies for work cloths. It’s much more affordable then Carhartt.

I’ve recently discovered the ATG line from Wrangler. It’s seriously some of the best outdoor/casual wear I’ve ever had. Check it out.

Here's my connection with Carhartt and why I'm such a fan. We have a local store that's a massive Carhartt dealer. I like to deal locally.

Timberland Pro has good outdoor gear as well. Most of my firewood cutting clothes is from them.

Here's my connection with Carhartt and why I'm such a fan. We have a local store that's a massive Carhartt dealer. I like to deal locally.

Timberland Pro has good outdoor gear as well. Most of my firewood cutting clothes is from them.
Nice, it looks like a nice shop.

Back