Patagonia cuts ties with Jackson Hole

Patagucci makes good shit.
Too bad my friends and family take it from. me. But it’s for a good cause.
There’s others.
Also, you can send stuff back to Patagonia and they repair it for you for like $10. It’s great.

I recently found a box of their workwear that I forgot to return because the sizing was off from 3 years ago. They took it back with free shipping and I was refunded the full amount. Not like everyone else.
My wife took an old puffy I had with holes in it and a broken zipper to their store in the city. They shipped it out for a free repair. My friend took his with a broken zipper there and they sewed in a new one free of charge while he waited. Not like everyone else.

I could never bring myself to spend the money for Patagonia. Never. That's why I'm a Carhartt guy. High quality that wears like iron.
You are missing out. Patagonia has sales a few times per year and they are decent. Their stuff wears like iron. They are more than fair about repairs and returns. You won't be disappointed if you take a look.

I recently found a box of their workwear that I forgot to return because the sizing was off from 3 years ago. They took it back with free shipping and I was refunded the full amount. Not like everyone else.
My wife took an old puffy I had with holes in it and a broken zipper to their store in the city. They shipped it out for a free repair. My friend took his with a broken zipper there and they sewed in a new one free of charge while he waited. Not like everyone else.
I have brought in many old garments that they repaired and even replaced
No questions asked

You are missing out. Patagonia has sales a few times per year and they are decent. Their stuff wears like iron. They are more than fair about repairs and returns. You won't be disappointed if you take a look.
My main issue with them is they don't fit me all that great. Being XXL, or as I call it, double extra sexy, some XXL's fit differently that others. P-Gucci's XXL is made for those without wide shoulders, my shoulders don't even begin to fit into their cut. I've found that Carhartt and Arborwear fit me the best. As for skiing clothes I ski in my hunting gear. It's all gortex stuff and the looks I get from the blood stains on my pants are worth it. ;)

If you aren't familiar with Arborwear check them out.

If I had one complaint about them it would be fit as well. I am the opposite body size. It seems they cater to tall skinny people. My suspicion is that it’s from their rock climbing roots which may be their target demographic. Their finish could be described as utilitarian. Arc’teryx is also making a great effort toward sustainability and fair trade. IMO they have a better fit and finish but at an even higher price point. You get what you pay for.

In the past North Face has really stood behind stuff. Are they still like that?

I love my Arc'teryx shell, but it has delamed a bit. Not to the point of leaking.

In the past North Face has really stood behind stuff.
NF was the first gore-tex jacket I ever bought. I was in Smuggs, so it was the mid 80's. I think I saved up for almost a month to buy that thing only to have it stolen at a bar in Burlington.
I still have, and use, a classic NF Scott Schmidt edition pullover gore-tex jacket. I think that's from the early to mid 90's. Wroks just as good as any new jacket out there, imo.

Ha! I used to be that guy too!
1629743148579.jpeg

Still have it!

Back