ORDA Funding

You never hear about a trail being narrowed.
Both of the Whiteface 1980 Olympics downhill courses (Cloudspin and Skyward) where narrowed after the Olympics. I do not know if they were able to grow anything to narrow the trails. Eventually, the rules in NYS for trail width at the 3 NYS areas were adjusted. They were allowed to be wider for racing/safety fencing.

Mad River is also trying to regenerate aren't they?

I was being kind of snarky but somewhat true. It's a lot easier to cut the trees down then to grow them back that's for sure.

You never hear about a trail being narrowed.
No, but there are some at WF that should be overgrown and reallocated to their 26 mile limit. I'm thinking Roundabout, Valvehouse Road, Low Road, Upper Boreen, Glen, etc.

There are almost 600 Authorities in NYS and they are responsible for 90% of NYS borrowing. This gets around legislative borrowing limits that are found in the NYS Constitution. The Authorities also are not subject to many state and local regulations besides the borrowing. The board of directors who govern all these authorities are all political appointees.

There are huge problems with this system.
So what are ya tryin to say there, chief 1X10X100sq?

It ain’t hard for trees to grow in the Adirondacks.
They’ve been doing it for years.
Please tell this to Peter Bauer and Protect the ADK, otherwise he'll completely screw over business owners and it's employees inside the blue line.

So what are ya tryin to say there, chief 1X10X100sq?
There is zero accountability to elected officials and taxpayers other than the governor. The NYS elected legislative bodies are supposed to control the borrowing that is backed by NYS, not these unelected bureaucrats who become board members. Too many times they have their own agendas. There are examples of this in ORDA.

At one point, the ACR/ Big Tupper developers were trying to get financing from the Franklin County Government Office of Economic Development & Tourism. The money ACR was trying to borrow would have been paid back via a PILOT program. If ACR went bankrupt, there would have been zreo PILOT payments to pay back the borrowed money. There is no way a highly speculative, underfinanced, for profit real estate development should get public financing, but it almost happened with this authority.

Back