Old Folks Thread

I always adhere to the policy
Never one more run….
Always done by 1:30
Get there early and bail early.

At Titus My ski posse were there at 9 break for lunch then ski till 2:30, because we day tripped it about a 90 minute drive

But at Gore or Tremblant skied till 4 because we were in the area for 3 days but broke for lunch then broke for a break at 2:30.Skied the last hr on easy stuff

Last edited:
Agreed: it's easier to fall when you're fatigued.

We are always ready for the initial chair and then strive to go to the final bell, but there are many variables.

Question: Has anyone here had serious injuries while skiing because something gave out unexpectedly?
My energy gives out after about 3 hours of laps, but that ain’t unexpected for me.
When I’m getting tired I just go cruising to wind down.
Folks get hurt more when they’re tired.

I retired in May... I have to admit, sometimes I feel like i'm wasting time... My wife still works and might work til April..
i know i should do something, just don't know what...
If anyone in this thread needs work, I have plenty of projects around the house that need to be done.

You can keep yourself occupied by doing them, I can go skiing. Win/win

Now, that's rare. Mine's just a little more, and, in a few years, SS will overtake it, if COLA persists. There were a few years during Obama when SS had no increase at all, which is ok, inflation is very dangerous for retirees. Last year we had a nearly ten percent increase in SS.

The best pension deals go to public employees today. …. And they are making well into six figures, with OT, and the pension is calculated on best annual gross, at usually a very good 75-100% rate. So that means about early 50s with a generous pension….. Google public retiree pension records there sometime…... Living like a fat parasite on the taxpayer dime all their lives, and then they take their wealth elsewhere.
Sounds like someone is upset that he chose the wrong career path.

If anyone in this thread needs work, I have plenty of projects around the house that need to be done.

You can keep yourself occupied by doing them, I can go skiing. Win/win

Sounds like someone is upset that he chose the wrong career path.
lol
If you lived closer...During the covid i painted my entire house...so painting is my thing

It pays to know thyself 😎
As well as yer surroundings.

Had a decent round ⛳ going Thursday till I bombed a driver a bit too far right (#16 par5) and shoulda ended about a yard off the fairway. Ball hit the driest rough on the course and took off on the dry ground underneath a grove of huge trees.
Partner said just get it back in play.
Had a choice to bounce it back in play in the fairway or stripe a low one under any one of five trees on a staggered line to the flag. Tried the "safest" of the risky shots & hit the 1st tree in it’s skinny trunk. Tried it again and drilled the lowest branch on the last biggest tree as it got up quicker than planned.
Coulda been a contender.

As well as yer surroundings.

Had a decent round ⛳ going Thursday till I bombed a driver a bit too far right (#16 par5) and shoulda ended about a yard off the fairway. Ball hit the driest rough on the course and took off on the dry ground underneath a grove of huge trees.
Partner said just get it back in play.
Had a choice to bounce it back in play in the fairway or stripe a low one under any one of five trees on a staggered line to the flag. Tried the "safest" of the risky shots & hit the 1st tree in it’s skinny trunk. Tried it again and drilled the lowest branch on the last biggest tree as it got up quicker than planned.
Coulda been a contender.
Oh hell yeah ,Golf can bite yer butt when ya least expect it 😁

Back