Old Folks Thread

As well as yer surroundings.

Had a decent round ⛳ going Thursday till I bombed a driver a bit too far right (#16 par5) and shoulda ended about a yard off the fairway. Ball hit the driest rough on the course and took off on the dry ground underneath a grove of huge trees.
Partner said just get it back in play.
Had a choice to bounce it back in play in the fairway or stripe a low one under any one of five trees on a staggered line to the flag. Tried the "safest" of the risky shots & hit the 1st tree in it’s skinny trunk. Tried it again and drilled the lowest branch on the last biggest tree as it got up quicker than planned.
Coulda been a contender.
You should have aimed for the skinny trunk that way you never would have hit it.

Knock on wood I haven't fallen or hurt myself because some part of my body has given out. I'm good about stopping when I feel myself getting sloppy. As Dirty Harry said "man's got to know his limitations" 😂 My 61 yo body and brain also helps reminds me of that.

I like fast so at my home mountain Bristol I'll rip blue/black groomers for 3 - 4 hours then done, mostly out of boredom and skied off slopes. If I'm somewhere else then I want to explore so I'll stick with mostly blue groomers with some blacks/greens as needed. I like preserving my legs to explore as much of the mountain area possible. In those cases it's not unusual that I'll stay out all day with only a brief sit down trail side for a protein bar.

Losing some weight right now on purpose so I'll be skiing lighter than I've ever been as a skier when I started 20 years ago. Hoping that will help me feel a little younger 😊

By chance as we talk about old folks, do any of you central NY people know this guy?

I first thought about doing exactly that. Shoulda tried it. 🏌️‍♂️ Coulda been a contender.
Ya know sometimes Thinking and Analysis / Paralysis really screws us up . Just trust your first instinct AND hit the damn ball😎

By chance as we talk about old folks, do any of you central NY people know this guy?
He said he grew up skiing Song and Lab so are tracks must’ve crossed.
He worked(s) at St. Joe’s in The Cuse so my sister may know him.

If anyone in this thread needs work, I have plenty of projects around the house that need to be done.

You can keep yourself occupied by doing them, I can go skiing. Win/win

Sounds like someone is upset that he chose the wrong career path.
Oh hell yeah, but, if I had it all to do over again, it wouldn't be an Albany cube dweller, for sure.

Back