New Member Intro

Planning to squeeze in an Alps side trip for a few days on a larger family trip to Italy in late March, either Austria or the Dolomites.
Check out this trip report for the Dolomites by a mother traveling with her kids, ages 14, 17, 20. Lots of pics. In general, plenty of info about planning a ski trip to Europe on the Aussie ski forum.

Ah . . . DCSki is a fun little community.

I'm going to use my Indy pass in Michigan next month. Skipped last season but was still offered the renewal price for 2023-24 and jumped on it early.

I have an Epic pass for the first time. Going to check out Crested Butte for the first time in March. Decided to get Epic Local and hope to make it to one or more of the Epic resorts in PA that I've never skied at. Met up with a few friends to ski at Roundtop and Whitetail before the sale to Peak Resorts. Used Epic to get first impressions of Vail and Beaver Creek a couple weeks ago.
Sounds
Lots of new members lately. Welcome
thanks!

Check out this trip report for the Dolomites by a mother traveling with her kids, ages 14, 17, 20. Lots of pics. In general, plenty of info about planning a ski trip to Europe on the Aussie ski forum.

This is an unreal European family itinerary. Truly sounds like National Lampoons with skiing mixed in. Awesome!

Long time lurker of this cool little community, and after 35+ years skiing at Gore I figure now was a good of a time as any to join up and discuss everything there is to love about our favorite hill (even when it is what drives us crazy).

See you all around the forum! :)

hi all, been skiing since I learned to walk. grew up in PA skiing Blue mtn, Bear Creek and others. instructed at Blue Bump (Blue Marsh / Flying Dutchman Club for you old heads). now I reside at the base of the catskills and lurk in its woods and mountains seeking stashes of all kinds. if you frequent, maybe you’ll see me skiing/hiking with my two border collies. i’ll mostly be posting trip reports (winter and summer) of the catskills mtns—sorry in advanced if they are back logged for a while—waiting on a decent base to add recents 😎😎 I’ve come across the forum before but didn’t know if its community. happy to be apart. thanks to @Ripitz for the intro. thanks to @Harvey for the space.

Welcome APP. I like the sound of all of that.

Can you explain this part to me?

I’ve come across the forum before but didn’t know if its community.

Welcome APP. I like the sound of all of that.

Can you explain this part to me?
I’ve stumbled upon one or two TR’s, instagram, vaguely knew of the magazine but didn’t realize it was also a place to connect with likeminded people, a place to share stories and more, preserve the past. Ignorant of me not to have done a deep dive. but! here now and nothing like the present. been exploring the site, gaining my ski legs 😜

NICE.

So Rip brought you to us?

Back