New Member Intro

Hiiii everyone it's Scottyskis
Went this name because I don't ski anymore
Any one in Rhinebeck area where I live now be nice to meet some good people here about 45 miles from Fishkill better place for me than Middletown apartment much much safer here
Happy Sunday everyone

@Scottyskiied you da man. Your bravery in this fight is unmatched.

Keep us in the loop on how you are doing and what you need.

Hiiii everyone it's Scottyskis
Went this name because I don't ski anymore
Any one in Rhinebeck area where I live now be nice to meet some good people here about 45 miles from Fishkill better place for me than Middletown apartment much much safer here
Happy Sunday everyone

I haven’t been to the Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome in years.
It’s still going.

Last edited:
Returning to skiing after a 20 year layoff. Kids grew up and moved away. Our daughter moved to Oregon. Skied all the big mountains. Slept in her Honda Element to be first on the lifts. Spoiled by powder skiing. Moved back to NYS and hated East Coast skiing. BUT then our grandson wanted to snowboard. So I became the designated Skier chaperon. Got me back on the lower mountain. Surprise! Our daughter decided she liked skiing again. BUT in year 2 we decided he needed to switch to skiing. She is a strong Skier and wants him up the mountain. Of course that means I have to get my confidence back and get up the mountain as well. Updated my old Rossi cut 10.4 skis to some new to me Rossi Pursuits. So it should be an interesting year. Even bought a Frequent Skier card as an incentive to ski more.

Returning to skiing after a 20 year layoff. Kids grew up and moved away. Our daughter moved to Oregon. Skied all the big mountains. Slept in her Honda Element to be first on the lifts. Spoiled by powder skiing. Moved back to NYS and hated East Coast skiing. BUT then our grandson wanted to snowboard. So I became the designated Skier chaperon. Got me back on the lower mountain. Surprise! Our daughter decided she liked skiing again. BUT in year 2 we decided he needed to switch to skiing. She is a strong Skier and wants him up the mountain. Of course that means I have to get my confidence back and get up the mountain as well. Updated my old Rossi cut 10.4 skis to some new to me Rossi Pursuits. So it should be an interesting year. Even bought a Frequent Skier card as an incentive to ski more.
So many twists and turns in that story. Welcome!

Hi all - I’ve been a long time fan of this website, its forum and stories of eastern skiing, especially the trip reports. Grew up skiing intermittently and haphazardly at Jay Peak and almost nowhere else. Didn’t really discover skiing beyond Jay until I was an adult. I’ve been in the D.C. area for number of years and mostly ski locally (West Virginia and PA) but occasionally get up to Jay, Mont Sutton, Smugglers Notch and others up there. I barely knew about the NY ski areas despite driving all the way up I-87 twice a year, but clearly I need to stop along the way next time. Thanks for having me!

Hi all - I’ve been a long time fan of this website, its forum and stories of eastern skiing, especially the trip reports. Grew up skiing intermittently and haphazardly at Jay Peak and almost nowhere else. Didn’t really discover skiing beyond Jay until I was an adult. I’ve been in the D.C. area for number of years and mostly ski locally (West Virginia and PA) but occasionally get up to Jay, Mont Sutton, Smugglers Notch and others up there. I barely knew about the NY ski areas despite driving all the way up I-87 twice a year, but clearly I need to stop along the way next time. Thanks for having me!
Hey there! <waving from Raleigh, NC>

Are you mainly skiing weekends? I'll be a Massanutten for my usual early January week. Taking a couple days to ski Timberline with a friend from DC.

If you like Timberline, could be worth a trip to check out Plattekill.

Hey there! <waving from Raleigh, NC>

Are you mainly skiing weekends? I'll be a Massanutten for my usual early January week. Taking a couple days to ski Timberline with a friend from DC.

If you like Timberline, could be worth a trip to check out Plattekill.
Normally, I get in one trip north a winter, and so I would like to check out Plattekill some time on one of those trips. I’ve appreciated your advice in another forum (DC Ski) over the years. We did IndyPass last couple years, and the kids really enjoyed Canaan, Montage, and Bryce, but we missed the renewal window this year and settled for a few days of Epic Day Pass as the Vail PA bumps. So probably won’t visit Massanutten this year.

Planning to squeeze in an Alps side trip for a few days on a larger family trip to Italy in late March, either Austria or the Dolomites.

Normally, I get in one trip north a winter, and so I would like to check out Plattekill some time on one of those trips. I’ve appreciated your advice in another forum (DC Ski) over the years. We did IndyPass last couple years, and the kids really enjoyed Canaan, Montage, and Bryce, but we missed the renewal window this year and settled for a few days of Epic Day Pass as the Vail PA bumps. So probably won’t visit Massanutten this year.
Ah . . . DCSki is a fun little community.

I'm going to use my Indy pass in Michigan next month. Skipped last season but was still offered the renewal price for 2023-24 and jumped on it early.

I have an Epic pass for the first time. Going to check out Crested Butte for the first time in March. Decided to get Epic Local and hope to make it to one or more of the Epic resorts in PA that I've never skied at. Met up with a few friends to ski at Roundtop and Whitetail before the sale to Peak Resorts. Used Epic to get first impressions of Vail and Beaver Creek a couple weeks ago.

Back