Life on Mars?

my grandfather had Buick Electra 225 in the early 70's..Electric windows and Locks... It blew my mind , it was like being in a tesla
A deuce and a quarter. Lots of decent sized boats smaller than those. Beautiful machine.

The way I see it is if we don't do things like this, the day we need to do them ..we won't be able to. People always ask why spend the money mucking about in space? One day we will need to go somewhere else. It will take decades to get good at it. If we had kept up with it after the moon landings we would be learning how to live on Mars by now.

The way I see it is if we don't do things like this, the day we need to do them ..we won't be able to. People always ask why spend the money mucking about in space? One day we will need to go somewhere else. It will take decades to get good at it. If we had kept up with it after the moon landings we would be learning how to live on Mars by now.
I think space is cool but the reason we’ll have to leave is most likely because we fucked things up here. I wish there was a more concerted effort to make things right on Earth first. Making observations and taking cues from nature is necessary to our survival here. Velcro, which is a fine example of biomimicry, wasn’t invented for space it was first used in the fashion industry.

It was extremely useful but also extremely ugly—a hard sell given that de Mestral mostly envisioned it being used on clothes. High-end designers wouldn’t touch the stuff. The only group that found it appealing was the burgeoning aerospace industry—astronauts didn’t want to fiddle with zippers and laces while trying to get in and out of their spacesuits, and they also needed a way to keep their various personal items and food from floating away in zero gravity.

They tried it with fashion..apparently too ugly..but not for space...
Unfortunately it was a major contributor to the Appolo 1 capsule fire. It became incendiary when exposed to pure oxygen and ignited from an electrical spark..

I thought the computer mouse story was that Xerox developed it at their advanced R&D facility and didn't Know what to do with it until Apple’s engineers took a tour of the place and adopted it for the Mac

Back