Killington Village Discussion

Oh so you think honestly reporting on my ski days makes you angry? Read the fucking bottom of my post in the conditions thread from last Saturday. I said it was the best eastern day I've had this season. The best. How the fuck does that make me angry? If there's anything I'm angry at it's that you insulted me multiple times for simply being happy that my home mountain was going to get some much needed upgrades.

. How the fuck does that make me angry? .
D5B71529-BC82-4F05-8699-0D35A0E44AB9.jpeg

Is the Wobbly Barn still gonna wobble?
Had some good fun at that joint when we skied Killington for a week, years ago with the local community college's ski trip.
Ya could hear a pin drop on the bus on the ride home to the Cuse.

Last edited:
Is the Wobbly Barn still gonna wobble?
Had some good fun at that joint when we skied Killington for a week, years ago with the local community college's ski trip.
Ya could hear a pin drop on the bus on the ride home to the Cuse.
The Wobbly Barn is not going anywhere. They addressed this in the podcast they did about the village.

How many rentable units will be added with this Village project?

I agree there is more lodging demand than supply. I’ve experienced Sno’s frustration trying to get a room on a Friday or Saturday night so I can see a need to add beds. The question is how many are needed to fill that demand gap and likely further growth? I can imagine a ton of reasons nobody is buying up and renovating derelict properties, especially with tainted water. While Sno may have drank too much of the Cool Aid and Benny may out of touch with today’s weekend warrior, I can see good in this project, as long as it isn’t executed like the Stratton schlock.

But back to that question. If they are doubling the beds in the area then Benny may be right in that this is a corporate grab that puts locals out of business. Otherwise the region might get beds is actually needs while modernizing facilities and fixing real problems.

Oh, and to make an argument against, based on protecting the soul of skiing, at Killington? Really? Other than crazy access road stories of drunkenness and mayhem from back in the day I haven’t found anything soulful about skiing Killington, although I admittedly haven’t been there a ton, not that I am unfamiliar with VT skiing.

Last edited:
Back