ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

More high speed NY state chargers are coming on line. The latest one is about 40 miles south of Gore in Fort Edward.

This could give most EVs that can handle the high speed charge around 140 miles in 20 minutes. Even higher for a Tesla.

This is good news. I wonder if they are going to put more chargers on the Northway rest stops. I found this one on the north bound side between Exit 17 and 18.

They’re rebuilding a few rest stops right now so I’m guessing there will be more chargers soon

These are interesting times. An employee owner posted on instagram that he was getting the equivalent of 309 miles of range in his R1t with 20 inch wheels and an offroad upgrade (front towhooks and extended underbody protection) driving in 19f at 55-60. I am assuming the car was preconditioned (battery warmed before starting out), but I would be thrilled with that kind of winter performance. This was in all purpose (not conserve mode). EPA rating (which is a mix of all purpose and conserve). Cabin set to 68.

I am assuming I will get 240 miles of range with 20s and no offroad upgrade. Rivian says offroad and AT should reduce range 10-15% or more together. EPA range of truck is 314 and SUV 316.

Conserve mode limits you to two motors at a time (instead of 4) and does some other things that I don't have information on like limiting heating.

Just watched a review of the F150 Hybrid..Scotty Killmer
36mph on the hwy..That's impressive, imo that seems like the way to go

They’re rebuilding a few rest stops right now
It seems odd to rebuild them all at the same time. Maybe with covid they thought it was a good opportunity?

They are rebuilding those rest stops because ground contamination was discovered from leaking fuel tanks.

These are interesting times. An employee owner posted on instagram that he was getting the equivalent of 309 miles of range in his R1t with 20 inch wheels and an offroad upgrade (front towhooks and extended underbody protection) driving in 19f at 55-60. I am assuming the car was preconditioned (battery warmed before starting out), but I would be thrilled with that kind of winter performance. This was in all purpose (not conserve mode). EPA rating (which is a mix of all purpose and conserve). Cabin set to 68.

I am assuming I will get 240 miles of range with 20s and no offroad upgrade. Rivian says offroad and AT should reduce range 10-15% or more together. EPA range of truck is 314 and SUV 316.

Conserve mode limits you to two motors at a time (instead of 4) and does some other things that I don't have information on like limiting heating.
That's way too much to think about. I jumped in my 3/4 ton Ram diesel and rolled 75mph down to the auction this AM. It's -2 out.

At all of them? There must be like four that are in some stage of torn down right now
I don’t know the full story. A family member who works for NYS was telling me about it. All the money went to the Tappan Zee. The fuel contamination was discovered at a time when the vendor’s lease was about to be renewed. They can’t move forward until it’s cleaned up. Some of it can be cleaned on site and some of it has to be removed. Either way it’s really expensive and time consuming. New fuel tanks are going in. I believe a few chargers will be added but not a large future focused network. That would make too much sense.
That's way too much to think about. I jumped in my 3/4 ton Ram diesel and rolled 75mph down to the auction this AM. It's -2 out.
Did you plug it in??

Back