ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

That's way too much to think about. I jumped in my 3/4 ton Ram diesel and rolled 75mph down to the auction this AM. It's -2 out.
How do you like the Ram? I’ve always been leery of Chrysler products but it seems like everybody makes decent vehicles nowadays

How do you like the Ram? I’ve always been leery of Chrysler products but it seems like everybody makes decent vehicles nowadays
If I had to buy a truck, and I didn't get a rusty old F250, it would be a 2018 or newer Ram. Their truck line right now has it going on, imo.

FYI TFL (some internet car guys) have a live review of high speed charging the Rivian; apparently in the cold (20f) they got 270 range, which seems pretty sweet to me.

They also did a drag with the meanest Ram and the Rivian beat it cold (as we would all expect). I will say the Ram did 0-60 in 4.5 which sounds amazing for a truck (or anything).

Hey!
... Not sure how old you are, but I think my observation over time makes climate change pretty clear over time to me (yes, that is non scientific, but that is what science says, too). Unless you live in West Virginia, buying an EV is a much, much cleaner route over life of vehicle than ICE. We can debate it, but I have looked into the facts and believe I am correct that going this route is better overall. I am not a raging green (or at least not overtly). Its just that I have kids, I see my local micro climate as drastically different in the past 35 years of my memory, and I really would like to do what I can in reason to leave a planet to my grandkids or their kids that could literally be like living in hell. Yeah that's a dramatization, but if there is going to be an EV product that meets my wants, and not every last dollar matters to me, I am going to support that.

I have other posts that get into the dirty part of mfg EVs so I won't get into that. The answer is EVs are less worse at 18 mos, and then from 66% to infinitely cleaner depending on how you charge, with the exception of West Virginia.
Core convection news.
Maybe that’s causing the oceans' temp rise and not cow farts & ICE.

Snowwheeling with a Rivian R1T and a Toyota Tundra. Just the two guys in the woods. Sounds like a loaner R1T but unclear if from the company or a private owner.

Snowwheeling with a Rivian R1T and a Toyota Tundra. Just the two guys in the woods. Sounds like a loaner R1T but unclear if from the company or a private owner.

The background on this is cool. They were supposed to get a media car, but it apparently had an accident coming off the delivery truck. An employee owner at the shop they were picking it up at was like, just take mine. That's why in one of the tests they lined the bed with plywood.

Also, they did a charge from 20-80 pc that took 39 minutes (about 162 miles range). That seems way to long to me, but it should get better at time with software updates, and it was somewhat cool out (37 degrees)

The background on this is cool. They were supposed to get a media car, but it apparently had an accident coming off the delivery truck. ..That's why in one of the tests they lined the bed with plywood.
Sounds like it’s ready for The Upstate tour.

Back