ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Bring back the Subaru Baja
I may have said this before but I bet if Subaru announced a limited run of 5,000 Brats in its original configuration- no frills two seater with a little bit more suspension then normal - they could sell them all on a pre-order at frontline price. I bet a smart engineer could figure out how to do it on the same line that produces Imprezas and/or Crosstreks without too much hassle

You just want a mini van that will give you head aches. Spares are overrated now. When was the last time you got a blow out? I carry a 8 dollar plug kit with me now. I have used it
Tore my side wall in jersey city 2 weeks ago
Real happy I had a spare

Ha! A buddy of mine had an AMC eagle in high school, man did we beat the piss out of that thing in the jersey pines and sand pits!

You cannot get AWD with the hybrid engine. Stuuuupid.
Haven't looked but this may not be completely accurate. For many hybrids, they use the small electric motor to send power to the backwheels, which in most cases (except compared for example to a subaru) gives you more torque to backwheels than most AWDs.

BTW on Rivian update - they have pushed their 'Launch' early editions way back. The trucks, which are coming first have some deliveries in July, but that seems not to be for 'normal' holders, more like friends and family people. More likely from Late October to June.

I have the R1s (suv) res, so I am guessing that is like December through August of next year. No big deal for me, as my old cars work fine. I'd like my next vehicle to be EV, but at some point I have to replace the family car with is an '11 CRV (space factor with two kids and a covid dog).

Some people are complaining. I guess I don't care that much because it just delays how quickly i 'have' to spend money.

BTW on Rivian update - they have pushed their 'Launch' early editions way back. The trucks, which are coming first have some deliveries in July, but that seems not to be for 'normal' holders, more like friends and family people. More likely from Late October to June.

I have the R1s (suv) res, so I am guessing that is like December through August of next year. No big deal for me, as my old cars work fine. I'd like my next vehicle to be EV, but at some point I have to replace the family car with is an '11 CRV (space factor with two kids and a covid dog).

Some people are complaining. I guess I don't care that much because it just delays how quickly i 'have' to spend money.
Though, one note, the current plan for next season is Gore, which is 4 hours, on most weekends. My CRV has never had an issue beyond tires, oil change, scheduled 'big things' (30/70/100 tune ups I think but I don't even know), and air filters.

In the back of my mind I am a little concerned about winter long drives with an 10-11 year old car, but so far the thing has been so dependable. I don't see alarming corrosion, but I do drive it on the beach, which makes me hope It can handle the long haul winter trips. The car has only performed in a way to give me confidence.

OTOH, I have geico that comes with roadside assistance, I travel with the prudent stuff to have in winder (blankets, shovel, basic kit, etc), and I will reup my triple AAA.

I am a little concerned about winter long drives
Too bad the ski trains are a thing of the past. From what I’ve read they were a big rolling party. You can take the Metro North Harlem Line to Thunder Ridge but I don’t think that’s quite the same experience as back in the day.

Everything is delayed these days. We are accustomed to having everything right here right now. I hope the Rivian is worth the wait. It certainly is a good looking machine.

Haven't looked but this may not be completely accurate. For many hybrids, they use the small electric motor to send power to the backwheels, which in most cases (except compared for example to a subaru) gives you more torque to backwheels than most AWDs.
Maybe look into it. Wait, I'll do it for you.

Not available.

Back