ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Not sure why this is funny to you Abyss. Can you imagine if it was in someone's garage?

Don't think it hasn't happened to a Tesla.
Sure but happens to Teslas at something like half the rate of ICE cars

Now Ford? Lol. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford ICE cars caught fire more then other manufacturers on average. Source - I owned a Ford. What a POS. Overheated constantly

LoL
Of course. There are so few EVs on the road.

I still don't understand why you feel an EV battery exploding is funny. Please explain.

I still don't understand why you feel an EV battery exploding is funny. Please explain.
Exploding seems a bit more dangerous than catching fire.
It should be useful for folks to figure out what happened.
Haven’t seen anything about it on the “news”.

LoL
Of course. There are so few EVs on the road.

I think he laughed more at you pointing it out rather than it actually happening. When you Google fire burning down car dealership there are few in NY.None of the ones I saw were do to EV charging malfunction. The one you are talking about hasn't hit Google yet.

I think he laughed more at you pointing it out rather than it actually happening. When you Google fire burning down car dealership there are few in NY.None of the ones I saw were do to EV charging malfunction. The one you are talking about hasn't hit Google yet.
It didn't burn the dealership down. We did have a dealership burn down last year due to a lithium ion battery being charged overnight. It wasn't from an EV, rather from a hand tool
He laughed when I said it was a Ford. With such an ignorant act, I should've left it alone. That's my bad and I'll own it.

Several of the Tesla superchargers are at Sheetz stations along I-81 in VA. Can you use them with an adapter? I often stop at Sheetz, partially because I like their food selections. All buildings that were built by Sheetz and well set up.

The Natural Bridge State Park is a fun stop near Roanoke. The walk to the Natural Bridge from the Visitor Center is pretty short so doesn't take that much time. There are also a few other easy trails.

Have fun!
Hey! Some of them may be 'open' and some I could use if i had an adapter, but I don't.

The route there is easy on high speed chargers (3 or so will actually be Rivian chargers which as you might imagine work aswesome with Rivian. I ordered an adapter but the company selling it (reputable company) had a product defect recall so now I am just going to wait for the official adapter. There is a second reliable company but I figure since both Rivian and Tesla technically prohibit these non official adapter, I ll just wait and get by on CCS stations.

Can't decide if I agree or disagree with the premise of this article.

June 3, 2024

Can't decide if I agree or disagree with the premise of this article.

June 3, 2024
New technology is always expensive when it comes out on the market. Prices drop as more competition enters the market and efficiencies improve. i.g.: Color TV's, microwave ovens, calculators, video cameras and players, DVD players, flat screen TV's, cell phones....

Back