ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

To be honest, AI scares me. What the hell are we in for?
I get my AI from the dogs.
Ya just gotta watch them closely.

During lunch break one time I went to the local Barnes & Noble to peruse books.

Bought 2.
The Intelligence of Dogs.
&
The Natural History of Stupidity.

Learned a lot.

To be honest, AI scares me. What the hell are we in for? They've made movies about this shit -- LoL
Me too (it should probably scare everyone). Dr. Li founded a research center focused on AI serving humans.

Walle and terminator strike me as what could go wrong.

In the near term, there was a scary op ed in the wsj in the past three months suggesting somewhat soon an actor like Iran could take a few thousand dollars of drones, network them by AI, and sink a multi billion dollar carrier. Let’s hope not.

Me too (it should probably scare everyone). Dr. Li founded a research center focused on AI serving humans.

Walle and terminator strike me as what could go wrong.

In the near term, there was a scary op ed in the wsj in the past three months suggesting somewhat soon an actor like Iran could take a few thousand dollars of drones, network them by AI, and sink a multi billion dollar carrier. Let’s hope not.

Movie back in the 1970s, Westward, starring Yul Brynner. AI gone wrong.

No but it is a massive block for an individual - 12.8 percent. Vanguard and VGD index funds own about the same but last i checked they don't really actively vote.

When something like this goes down they can't outvote him?

Anyone with a 401k owns stock. I guess I don't vote my tesla stock either. Could I if I wanted to?

When something like this goes down they can't outvote him?

Anyone with a 401k owns stock. I guess I don't vote my tesla stock either. Could I if I wanted to?
We’re getting outside what I know reasonably well but Harv you don’t own any stock in any VGD mutual fund. You own a mutual interest in a portion of a mutual fund that owns stock. The fiduciary can choose how to vote and in theory should choose on the best interest of their beneficiary but it is not that simple.
At least I know from 20 years ago there were academic papers on this.

More Tesla news - its not just the Supercharger team that has been canned, Musk has also canned the head of new vehicle development and the public policy team. The robotaxi approval was going to be challenging with a public policy team, now it will be even more difficult without the public policy team.
"Delivering on that goal is more than just a technical challenge, and it will require the cooperation and approval of state and federal authorities. However, Musk is also dissolving the company's public policy team in this latest cull."

I wonder Musk's latest moves are related to him begging the shareholders to restore his $56,000,000,000 (BILLION) pay package that was voided by a Delaware judge?

He apparently takes extreme positions for the purposes of negotiation. I can’t explain it. I don’t understand conduct like this.

Back