ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Yes you can drive a toaster. Both are electric

IMG_3865.jpeg
IMG_3864.jpeg

The sky looks beautiful there.
So 343.7 miles cost me about $30 (hard to do apples to apples) with 180 miles attributed to high speed charging. About 7.50 off home charging and then 21.60 high speed charge got me in Stowe with 20 percent/60 miles.

Bonus - went overnight on level 2 20 percent to 85 percent no cost. Actually rivian sent me a nasty text saying you hit your charge move your car haha (for the record which I did). So that take you to like 500 something miles for $30.

Bonus - went overnight on level 2 20 percent to 85 percent no cost. Actually rivian sent me a nasty text saying you hit your charge move your car haha (for the record which I did).
No cost after the 35 buck Trapp “Resort Fee”, so there’s that.
Have fun skiing. ⛷️

Not exactly a road trip, but took the Tesla on it's longest tip so far, ~ 60 miles to Westchester and back. Charged it to about 74% the night before and got back with about 34% so that pretty much tracks advertised mileage. That's also with this aftermarket plate holder which I would think adds some turbulence. When we drive down to Baltimore I'll remove it completely.

Fully autonomous "Robotaxis" - I'm doubtful, but for an ADAS I gotta say FSD is great. Other then a toll both I never had to disengage it while on the highway.

Back