ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Yeah, no. From the NYS DMV,

You cannot register or operate any ( golf cart ) on any street, highway, parking lot, sidewalk or other area in New York State that allows public motor vehicle traffic. You may be arrested if you do.
This is true.

However, there is a gray area with SxS's. You can not register them to begin with, something to do with weight? I'm not real sure. Where I live it's a major mode of transportation for a bunch of us. We all have the orange farmer triangle in the rear window. These are approved for farm use and we all happen to live in farm country. I drive by a sheriff and a NYS troopers house nearly every time I'm mon my SxS. They've told me as long as we're on the side of the road, going 15mph, not screwing around, that MOST law enforcement will leave you alone. Nothing wrong with going outlaw style from time-to-time.

Yeah, no. From the NYS DMV,

You cannot register or operate any ( golf cart ) on any street, highway, parking lot, sidewalk or other area in New York State that allows public motor vehicle traffic. You may be arrested if you do.
How come ya left this part out?
  • Golf Cart (also referred to as Golf Car or Neighborhood Electric Vehicle) - a small motorized device with four wheels designed to carry people. You can’t register a golf cart as an ATV. Many low speed vehicles are similar in appearance to a golf cart, and can be registered and driven on New York State highways. 3
    For a low speed vehicle to be registered in New York
    • it must meet federal motor vehicle safety standard 500 (49 CFR 571.500)
    • its maximum performance speed must be certified by the manufacturer
    • it must appear on the list of approved limited use vehicles
    • You can contact NYS DMV Technical Services (518-474-5282, select option #4) to determine if a particular LSV or LSVT is certified and approved.

Those stupid things are all over florida.
Freaken little kids drive them everywhere.
same with the joisey shore, fortunately the drunks usually have their BonJovi cranking so I can hear 'em coming when I'm on the bike...

How come ya left this part out?
Because it didn’t fit my narrative.
Those stupid things are all over florida.
They are the primary mode of transportation in my dad’s retirement community. I’d go visit in the winter and anytime the mercury started heading towards the 50s they’d put up the vinyl sides. We’d be in shorts and a t-shirt and they’d be wearing sweaters with matching ones for the dogs. My dad would sit out on the porch smoking butts, waving as they went by and say, “These people don’t buy green bananas.”

Back