ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Overall My costs with the EV running is a bit cheaper each month. Insurance went up pretty good and I still need to use public chargers. They range isn't a problem. The chargers are.
Like it. 18k miles. Need to get the tires rotated at 20. If you don't keep the pressure up you will eat through then quick...I know lol. The snows I will burn the treads off if I'm not careful. Summers are in the shed.. Two of them I shot two out.

Yep (ID4)! Had it about 12 months and haven't used much free charging except for trips. Not sure how much I'll use now that I have a charger nearby...but free is free.
How do you like the ID 4. Looks like a nice EV.

Do you charge at home? Not sure it is with your time but if there is an ea charger near your home I would guess many weeks you could just charge off the free 30 minute sessions (though I am not sure it is with your time).

Headline:

These Tesla Wannabes Are Running Out of Road​

Electric-vehicle startups face cash crunch, Journal analysis finds​

There is currently a growing consensus among environmentalists that if the climate is to be stabilized, the transportation and power systems must be completely de-carbonized. EVs are a necessary part of that, hybrids don't even get you halfway there.
Whatyathinkabout this?
Maybe the +delta H where humans live ain’t all do CO2, "greenhouse gasses”, etc.

Whatyathinkabout this?
Maybe the +delta H where humans live ain’t all do CO2, "greenhouse gasses”, etc.
That's an obtuse and as yet unsupported scientific theory which in any case does not contradict the current consensus about anthropomorphic climate change. Nevertheless it will be picked up by professional science deniers to undermine efforts to stabilize the climate. Politicization of the climate issue will prevent that theory from ever being researched objectively. OTOH James Hansen created a climate model 40 years ago that predicted the current climate we live in and that should provide an adequate basis to control carbon, regardless of the merits of other theories.

mm

That's an obtuse and as yet unsupported scientific theory which in any case does not contradict the current consensus about anthropomorphic climate change. Nevertheless it will be picked up by professional science deniers to undermine efforts to stabilize the climate. Politicization of the climate issue will prevent that theory from ever being researched objectively. OTOH James Hansen created a climate model 40 years ago that predicted the current climate we live in and that should provide an adequate basis to control carbon, regardless of the merits of other theories.

mm
Thanks for yer thoughts. I’ll look up Hansen’s stuff.

I still can’t start my car without jumping it.
Gonna check if the dealership actually pulled the fuse to the DCM...

230 million vehicles are driven each day. 200 thousand flights. I'm no scientist but I would say they have effects on the atmosphere.
PS I love the retired tag line. Congrats if I have not yet congratulated you.

Back