ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

So shout out to rivian - my service issues have been minor the worst part is going through the process of appointments and bad experience with getting a replacement rental.

Fast forward- instead of me dropping off at Brooklyn they are going to come, give me a loaner R1t or r1s and take it to Brooklyn to service. I think that is pretty awesome.

My service issues are a squeaky window, my inverter for electric outlet making a tic sound, and what I view as excessive noise from the left back motor (still way quieter than the crv obviously).

I kind of hope for the t except my wife already feels like the s is as big as she wants to drive. I did test drive the t back in the day.

Zelda has a Nissan Senta rental, while her car is in the shop. It's got 10k on it, and it is nice.

It's a gasser EPA rated 29/39. She drove it to work Tuesday, most highway, 44.5 mpg. My hyper miler protege has learned well.

Her comment:

"I realize now how HEAVY my hybrid is. This car feels so much lighter and it flies!"

In other news, I've now driven the Venza a few times for this and that. One thing that is cool, when you shut it off it tells you the mileage, and what percentage you ran on electric. My drive to Al's this am was 42% EV. MPG was 46.

Dom or anyone, I have to assume that percentage includes pure EV and hybrid mode?

Dom or anyone, I have to assume that percentage includes pure EV and hybrid mode?
That's what the RAV4 Prime does. When I'm at home for a few weeks and only using EV on city streets, the car's mpg gets pegged at "99.9" and that's not very helpful.

I just got back from driving from Raleigh to Boston, with overnight stops at a friend's house in northern VA just west of DC. She rode with me to Jiminy Peak and then Boston for Snowbound Expo. Total miles about 1900. When I started, mpg was 52.4. Now that's gone down to 45.9. Most of the miles were on HV but since I stayed with at a friend's house, I did about 110 miles of EV in Boston.

I guess this goes here. Recent Q&A discussion of UpState charging.
This confirms what I already thought, the grid will keep up with the demand.

Still doesn't mean I'm any type of electrified vehicle buyer, not even close. But that will probably change within 10 years.

I'm thankful to all you early adopters helping pay for the R&D and sharing your experiences 😊

This confirms what I already thought, the grid will keep up with the demand.

Still doesn't mean I'm any type of electrified vehicle buyer, not even close. But that will probably change within 10 years.

I'm thankful to all you early adopters helping pay for the R&D and sharing your experiences 😊
Your welcome. Your closer then you think. I'm sure Jason is keeping his eye out. I'm not paying attention I really don't want to know. You can get some crazy deals on used right now... And they work. If you charge at your house and can get back to it every night you pocket s lot of money. 12k miles and I haven't even added windshield wiper fluid.

Back