ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Last night we had to pick up my wife's rental, after her accident.

I love NJ as much as the next guy, and maybe more, but one thing I don't like is Route 1 at rush hour near the junction of 295. It's insane.

After picking up the car we had to pull out, in six lanes of nearly bumper-to-bumper traffic, moving at ~65mph, with no real lane for merging.

My CRV has about 14,000 miles on it, and this was the first time I pressed the gas pedal all the way to the floor. I didn't quite know what to expect, it's a ~4000 lb car with a 2 liter, normally aspirate inline four.

I have to say I was impressed. Not only did it GO, but it did it without much of a fuss at all.

I think if I was driving the 2012 Prius we'd still be there.

+1.

Speaking of Prii (plural of Prius). the ex-wife's Prius, with ~170,000 miles on it, is giving her trouble. Intermittently declines to start. She's had it to the dealer several times, they call her and say, "It's ready." And the sucker won't start right after they worked on it. I think there's some electrical gremlin plaguing it.

I got my first dent - randomly an eggcorn dropped from like a hundred feet on a hilly road. It is hard to see.

A friend in town who did dents told me that generally Rivian dents are expensive to repair; having PPF makes it more expensive, and my tiny little dent would be like 300 to repair.

At this point I won't repair it but passing the data on.

Oh - there have been a bunch of articles about EV discounting.

I got my first dent - randomly an eggcorn dropped from like a hundred feet on a hilly road. It is hard to see.

A friend in town who did dents told me that generally Rivian dents are expensive to repair; having PPF makes it more expensive, and my tiny little dent would be like 300 to repair.

Dom --- give these folks a call and see if they have a location near you. They do PDR, or paintless dent removal, we use them all the time.

Here's one from YouTube... you might be able to fix DIY.

Also if anyone is interested in airplanes you need to check out his brother's channel "Mike Patey"

Also if anyone is interested in airplanes you need to check out his brother's channel "Mike Patey"

Awesome. If I post a picture you will laugh how small it is. It basically looks like a pin prick but also extending round from the prick (think about an eggcorn falling from really high).

I can't do the heat thing because of the PPF.

I'll post a pic at some point. Probably won't be able to see it.

My guess is that the next heat/cold cycle that truck goes through that dent will reappear

First one is always the worst. I have two... Both self inflicted

Back