R1T 01
Events

R1T side

R1T

Status

Configuration confirmed​

Estimated Delivery

May - June 2023​

Try again on those pics TJ! Is that your new car?

I have a question for TJ or Dom or anyone.

So you have:

Gas powered cars
Hybrids where the electric helps the gas
Pluggin hybrids, a little more electric to help the gas
Electric cars

Why is the there no:

Electric hybrid where it is primarily electric, with a gas motor as a backup.

Using the gas engine to charge the battery probably makes more sense than using it to spin the drive train?

Try again on those pics TJ! Is that your new car?

I have a question for TJ or Dom or anyone.

So you have:

Gas powered cars
Hybrids where the electric helps the gas
Pluggin hybrids, a little more electric to help the gas
Electric cars

Why is the there no:

Using the gas engine to charge the battery probably makes more sense than using it to spin the drive train?
If that would work it would have been done, not being a wise guy. They need the gas motor cause the electric is tiny to boost it along, helping with efficiency. It's not efficient enough to do it the other way around.

If that would work it would have been done, not being a wise guy. They need the gas motor cause the electric is tiny to boost it along, helping with efficiency. It's not efficient enough to do it the other way around.

I still don't get it. What stops you from having a small electric motor to charge the battery on a Tesla or Rivian?

I still don't get it. What stops you from having a small electric motor to charge the battery on a Tesla or Rivian?
Correct me if I’m wrong but I think you’d be using electricity from the battery to turn an alternator to charge the battery right?

Was tried by Nissan. No idea what happened after 2016.

November 2016
"Nissan revealed a new drivetrain it developed, combining a gasoline engine with an electric propulsion system. Although hybrid gasoline-electric drivetrains are now common among automakers, the new Nissan system, called e-Power, only uses the gasoline engine to charge the battery pack, not to drive the wheels.
. . . "

Correct me if I’m wrong
Doesn’t bmw use this on one of their models

Back