ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

The most common complaint about rivn is the lack of connectivity to Droid and Apple.
I bet it a negotiating ploy by GM

Get this it will be subscription based
Ya got to pay
Lol
I think that is the reason companies are not doing. Apple or google version car play. They want recurring revenue.

One major knock on rivian is they do not offer it.

Because I can play off my phone from blue tooth and I am coming from such an old car, rivian s interface seems fine for me but that is one of the biggest ding s on the car from reviewers.

I think this is strategic, not stupid.
Iphones and GPS apps are all about grabbing your personal data. GM is trying to keep that away from Apple and Google. Also, if Carplay becomes non-negotiable for new car buyers, the license fees could escalate pretty quickly.
Still, it's hard to see how GM wins a branding/IT war with Apple unless all the other major auto makers join in, which so far they haven't.

mm

I think this is strategic, not stupid.
Iphones and GPS apps are all about grabbing your personal data. GM is trying to keep that away from Apple and Google. Also, if Carplay becomes non-negotiable for new car buyers, the license fees could escalate pretty quickly.
Still, it's hard to see how GM wins a branding/IT war with Apple unless all the other major auto makers join in, which so far they haven't.

mm
Alec Murdaugh's car info and family's phones contributed to his convictions.

I figured out how to track mileage on the Prius. (It's actually very easy).

So far I have done 75 miles in 3 days, 62.6 mpg. That's like $4 in gas for 3 days of driving.

I figured out how to track mileage on the Prius. (It's actually very easy).

So far I have done 75 miles in 3 days, 62.6 mpg. That's like $4 in gas for 3 days of driving.
Harv, 75 miles isn't a large enough sample size... How is your mileage per tank?
I saw the new prius on the road today..looks great

Harv, 75 miles isn't a large enough sample size... How is your mileage per tank?
I saw the new prius on the road today..looks great

Dude. No one is claiming anything about sample size or anything. I'm playing a video game.

Sample size: Wife has 138,500 on the car before it became mine. Lifetime mpg is 52.5. That's what a normal person can expect to get from a 2012 Prius if they drive normally. Like pushing on the gas, and exceeding the speed limit.

I now have Trip B set for Harv. We'll see if I have the patience to keep it above 60.

I have not seen the new Prius, but would really like to.

Back