ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Salt pond right by fire island inlet between fire and Jones island.

Attachments

• E8BBC76F-5EFF-4ACD-A322-A1E256C21D37.jpeg
    E8BBC76F-5EFF-4ACD-A322-A1E256C21D37.jpeg
    474.6 KB · Views: 47
  • 06EB1AE6-AA3E-4264-AE96-4BE5116696ED.jpeg
    06EB1AE6-AA3E-4264-AE96-4BE5116696ED.jpeg
    419.3 KB · Views: 45
  • ACD4073A-A0E0-46B4-B837-9579B0788B49.jpeg
    ACD4073A-A0E0-46B4-B837-9579B0788B49.jpeg
    387.4 KB · Views: 49
So this is interesting about Electric RVs. I have no idea what prices are for RVs, but two things of note - this has solar panels to get some juice and good aero (stated about same as Model 3).

Cost is a lot - 125k - I have no idea how much a high end looking RV trailer is . . . .

That would be a lot for a run of the mill travel trailer but not for a motor home. I’ve often wondered why solar (or a generator)) isn’t included on trailers while it’s very common on motor homes. You can get a 17 foot trailer for under 20k so I would think you could add a few solar panels and still keep it under 30, right?

That would be a lot for a run of the mill travel trailer but not for a motor home. I’ve often wondered why solar (or a generator)) isn’t included on trailers while it’s very common on motor homes. You can get a 17 foot trailer for under 20k so I would think you could add a few solar panels and still keep it under 30, right?
It is a 27 footer(!). I don't think that I could get that bad boy on the beach without getting stuck. Some people do bring on RVs or attachments that seem pretty clearly longer than 20 - I ll grab a pick sometime.

One cool thing for this is it would have a fairly larger battery and give some propulsion itself for 300 miles . . . .

I stopped reporting on Prius numbers because probably no one cares, but also once I got over 70mpg on a trip I figured what else could I do?

Previous high was 71.6 on a trip from home-to-work. Hit 72 today.

Been getting into the 60s somewhat regularly on my two "high mileage" trips (read flat or downhill): home-to-work and work-to-daughters-gym. Most readings are in the 50s though.

I was curious to see what I would get from North Creek to our cabin, it's about 1000 feet of climbing. No way around it on our hill, you'll never get up unless you press on the gas. In the Prius you pretty much got to floor it. I got 38.1 which kind of surprised me.

I also had one long highway drive, a section of the drive home from the Adk, where I got 55. That's my best highway (interstate) mileage I've gotten. Been getting around 45 highway.

I think the warm weather does help.

I wish I could figure out how to measure cumulative mpg, but I'm not one for reading manuals.

I'm still in order. They are supposed to tell me by then end of the month what the projected build date that it. I think that's kind of like saying it's going to snow in the winter. I go from excited to nervous. I'm pretty confident it going to work for I'll use it for. I put 35 k miles on my car per year. I'll charge at home for all miles except Tuesday. I'll have to pull for 20 minutes but they beat you up pretty good on the price. The amount I spend on fuel is going to drop significantly. I'm not making money on it that's for sure. But hell I'll be driving pretty cool pickup that had 834 horse. Did I mention that before.

If rivian is here in 50 years these trucks will be worth money. Not mine but somebody's

Back