ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Rivian q4 earning letter. Mailing progress.

Two things I noted:

- they cut losses e Pugh that they have close to 2 years of cash (12 billion) at current loss rate. Pretty good.

- their stated engineering is insane - the large pack (what I have) will be getting 340-350 range w dual motor system. Quad motor was 316, then 331 w recent software change. Large pack 390-400. How we doing on range anxiety?

Sorry- cut losses so that they have about two years cash on hand. Typos. Before it was like 6 quarters.

Produced 25000 vehicles, including 36 percent bump q3-q4 and now a goal of 50000 for the year.

Dom ya had your fun
It might not be a bad to unload the truck if you can make some money.

Dom ya had your fun
It might not be a bad to unload the truck if you can make some money.
Says you and all my friends. Jason, yeah I could clear 70k, but then there are taxes. And then I would have to drive something else. There is no something else that checks my boxes, which is why I put in to buy this 4 years ago.

I was just telling my 12 yo that I won't let him drive this in 5 years when he is learning.

So, no man, no : )

PS if I sell, I then would be buying for 20k more than I paid.

They've been showing up at auctions now more regularly. At first they were doing strong numbers, now not so much.
That is what happened to the T. Maybe I can't clear 70k anymore. But I don't want to.

Camp or Jason (or anyone else on the forums - let me know if you are on Long Island and I will show you why. Or if I am upstate we can try to meet up. Using upstate in the evil LI sense of the term meaning past the GW). I am going to try to get to Gore once more and we have one weekend schedule at Bell in March and one at Mount Snow with friends in March. Not expecting much snow fun at Mount Snow but they are great people and we have never been to the mountain.

That is what happened to the T. Maybe I can't clear 70k anymore. But I don't want to.

Camp or Jason (or anyone else on the forums - let me know if you are on Long Island and I will show you why. Or if I am upstate we can try to meet up. Using upstate in the evil LI sense of the term meaning past the GW). I am going to try to get to Gore once more and we have one weekend schedule at Bell in March and one at Mount Snow with friends in March. Not expecting much snow fun at Mount Snow but they are great people and we have never been to the mountain.
My buddy lives in comack
I just might take u up on your offer

Might wanna ditch the stock.
What most Rivian shareholders focused on, though, was the company's 2023 outlook. The automaker said that supply chain issues would continue to be the limiting factor with respect to production capacity, and it projected total vehicle volume of 50,000 for the year, which was disappointingly low. Moreover, Rivian expects its gross margin to remain negative throughout the year, delaying the point at which the automaker will prove that it can actually make money with its EV concept.

Back