ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Thanks for the offer Dom. I'll be interested to hear your review. My last 4 cars I bought I never test drove. I expect I have quite while to wait so I'm in no hurry.
Did you install the charger outside? My truck will live outside
Hey. Installed outside as mine will also be there. Installed plug 3 feet offground (20 mi an hour; hardwire 24).

The important thing is choosing a charger that has wire from charger to charge port that handles the cold well. I got Chargepoint Home Flex (I think) which is good for cold. State of Charge youtube channel reviews all the chargers. Some that are not good for cold basically get frozen in the kinked wound up position.

Hey. Installed outside as mine will also be there. Installed plug 3 feet offground (20 mi an hour; hardwire 24).

The important thing is choosing a charger that has wire from charger to charge port that handles the cold well. I got Chargepoint Home Flex (I think) which is good for cold. State of Charge youtube channel reviews all the chargers. Some that are not good for cold basically get frozen in the kinked wound up position.
You can’t charge in the garage ?

Yes, I could have but (1) my garage is detached and (2) probably would have cost an extra 5-700 to run the wiring that far. This is higher amperage than i have in my 100 year old garage.

Technically I could still charge there but the math would be bad, guessing like 3-8 miles per hour at a 'trickle' charge. 220 volt time 15 amps.

Didn’t know if it was safety issue

We just had a local car dealership burn due to a battery being charged overnight. Total loss, in the millions.
Yeah bolts had a huge issue with this (was it a bolt?). It is supposed to be corrected now . . . .

Based on how Rivians are performing I would be ok to charge in my garage it is just not practical for me.

Back