ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Range and price. It’s also why ICE vehicles replaced EVs originally. They had them back then too.
I've mentioned this before. Here in our little town Solergan was attempting to make electric cars in the 70's. They took over the original Brockway factory here in town. Apparently some still exist.

I've mentioned this before. Here in our little town Solergan was attempting to make electric cars in the 70's. They took over the original Brockway factory here in town. Apparently some still exist.

Don’t forget electric typewriters.
Gotta go faster.

"In January 1955, Smith-Corona, Inc. was described as “a stalwart of Syracuse’s industrial economy for more than half a century, and one of the world’s foremost typewriter manufacturers, [which] employs 1,500 in Syracuse.” That same year, the company introduced an electric office typewriter. In October 1956, the company introduced a portable electric typewriter. This new portable weighed almost nineteen pounds and cost just under $200. The company marketed the portable electric typewriter to small businesses and home typists.:...
"To meet the demand for its portable typewriters, SCM broke ground in Cortland, NY in 1958 for a new typewriter manufacturing plant. Company officials expected an additional 600 employees to work at the new factory. At that time, SCM employed about 2,500 at its Groton and Cortland sites."

Too much winning.

Don’t forget electric typewriters.
Gotta go faster.

"In January 1955, Smith-Corona, Inc. was described as “a stalwart of Syracuse’s industrial economy for more than half a century, and one of the world’s foremost typewriter manufacturers, [which] employs 1,500 in Syracuse.” That same year, the company introduced an electric office typewriter. In October 1956, the company introduced a portable electric typewriter. This new portable weighed almost nineteen pounds and cost just under $200. The company marketed the portable electric typewriter to small businesses and home typists.:...
"To meet the demand for its portable typewriters, SCM broke ground in Cortland, NY in 1958 for a new typewriter manufacturing plant. Company officials expected an additional 600 employees to work at the new factory. At that time, SCM employed about 2,500 at its Groton and Cortland sites."

Too much winning.
This town was booming back in those days. When SCM pulled up their stakes and went to Mexico, wow, what a shitshow that was. Peeps were not happy.

It's it me or have you changed your tune in the past couple of years? Seems I remember you disparaging ev a couple of years ago.
I don't think I've changed, but EVs have come a long way in the past few years. Also, maybe I'm more concerned about climate change now.
To be honest, I haven't liked any new car since about the year 2000. I haven't liked anything else either but I'm a cranky old man.

mm

Rivian Odyssey .
Came across this guys channel , He's a hoot I love the honest commentary.

Back