ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

You TJ it looks like if you order the truck now you might get it before I get the SUV. They delayed me again : (
Mine better not come in for another year..I have a plan. Rivn having some growing pains right now.

Rivian tested the R1T in up to 3 feet of water. The other two videos are more fun.

Mine better not come in for another year..I have a plan. Rivn having some growing pains right now.
Well this wasn't encouraging. One benefit of my continual delays. Right now, Rivian is delivering trucks without the power Tonneau until they get a redesign figured out.

Well this wasn't encouraging. One benefit of my continual delays. Right now, Rivian is delivering trucks without the power Tonneau until they get a redesign figured out.

The power cover was the one feature that more than one reviewer pointed out as a potential future issue.

October 26, 2022

The power cover was the one feature that more than one reviewer pointed out as a potential future issue.

October 26, 2022
Yep. Sorry I wasn't clear about the 'it'. - I meant the concerns folks had about driving in icy conditions. The tonneau was meant to be an afterthought but was poorly written to read as the focus. Meant to focus on the ice issue.

I meant the concerns folks had about driving in icy conditions. The tonneau was meant to be an afterthought but was poorly written to read as the focus. Meant to focus on the ice issue.
Where are people reporting issues when driving in icy conditions?

I've seen two Rivian R1Ts near my house so far. One was green and the other was more of a silver grey.

I go to Rivianforums and occaisionally hit 'what's new'. With onset of winter conditions, these things are popping up:

Don't get me wrong, still a big fan.

Don't get me wrong, still a big fan.
Understood.

For the headlights, I only drove my old minivan in New England in snowy conditions when it was dark enough for lights to make a difference a few times. Is the issue really different for a Rivian compared to other cars with new fangled bulbs?

Understood.

For the headlights, I only drove my old minivan in New England in snowy conditions when it was dark enough for lights to make a difference a few times. Is the issue really different for a Rivian compared to other cars with new fangled bulbs?
I don't know, that is the issue, honestly this is really the first winter with the vehicles in the hands of company 'outsiders'. We'll see.

If it is an issue, i be some kind spray helps. We'll see!

Back