ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Can only qualify for the credit once yet they collect sales tax every single time is sold.

Go figure
Since The Inflation Reduction Act mandates ya gotta buy a used EV from a dealer to get the used EV kickback, seems that makes for more vehicle transfers (ie sales) hence more sales tax collected. Everybody winz.

Since The Inflation Reduction Act mandates ya gotta buy a used EV from a dealer to get the used EV kickback, seems that makes for more vehicle transfers (ie sales) hence more sales tax collected. Everybody winz.
Doesn't matter if it's an EV or ICE
NYS collects sales tax every time a car is sold. Every time. The only one who wins is NYS.

Not quite sure what "143 mpg" means.

What happens with my RAV4 Prime PHEV is that if I'm at home and mostly driving in EV mode, then the car's calculation for HV "mpg" keeps going up until it reaches 99.9. When I drive all HV miles after resetting MPG, then it's about 38 mpg at highway speeds. Have done that a few times in the last couple years, usually for 400-500 miles the day I make it home.

When new, a RAV4 Prime thinks it gets about 1.3 m/KwH. I paid more attention after picking up the second one in August. After about 2000 miles, including the 700 miles driving from central NY to central NC and then staying home for a while, it was at 2.7 m/KwH. My daughter is driving the 2021 RAV4 Prime (bought Nov 2020) to commute to work, essentially all EV miles for the last few months. That's showing 3.2 m/KwH since she reset it after we got back from NY with the 2022 RAV4 Prime.

Not quite sure what "143 mpg" means.
It means he fills up, resets the trip odometer, plugs it in at night, waits until he fills up again, sees how many gallons he put in, then calculates how many miles he drove per gallon.

I know it’s wild to not have a computer do calculations, but that’s how everyone used to calculate mpg.

It means he fills up, resets the trip odometer, plugs it in at night, waits until he fills up again, sees how many gallons he put in, then calculates how many miles he drove per gallon.

I know it’s wild to not have a computer do calculations, but that’s how everyone used to calculate mpg.
How much did his electric bill go up?

Back