ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

I will pay more attention to EVs when a manufacturer provides a sedan like the Honda Accord/Toy Camry/Chevy Malibu/Hyundai Sonata class in the 25k-35k price range and size. The Tesla 3 is a class smaller than these and starts just under $50k.
Isn't this the Chevy Bolt, or is that too small? I guess that is more of a civic or fit class. But it is 27.5 before rebate which I think could come down as much as 10k (?) under the new rules.

Yes, for certain models.

October 22, 2022
More here.
"Other restrictions include that the vehicle must be purchased from a licensed dealer for personal use, and each vehicle can only qualify for this credit once. The credit may be applied at time of sale by the dealer, which can be a great benefit for shoppers with tight budgets."

Better get to work Camp. It starts after New Year’s eve this year.

Last edited:
More here.
"Other restrictions include that the vehicle must be purchased from a licensed dealer for personal use, and each vehicle can only qualify for this credit once. The credit may be applied at time of sale by the dealer, which can be a great benefit for shoppers with tight budgets."

Better get to work Camp. It starts after New Year’s eve this year.
Can only qualify for the credit once yet they collect sales tax every single time is sold.

Go figure

Isn't this the Chevy Bolt, or is that too small? I guess that is more of a civic or fit class. But it is 27.5 before rebate which I think could come down as much as 10k (?) under the new rules.
The Bolt is a decent choice and price although it only comes FWD. The question is why not figure out how to stick a sedan/Malibu size and style body or an Equinox type SUV on the Bolt chassis? The Bolt is 164 inches - about the size of a VW Golf. The car companies probably did all kinds of research to figure out the Bolt type would be the best thing to start with when rolling out EVs. Now that EVs are selling, how about some conventional looking vehicles and sizes - like Tesla but with out the insane price point.

For us, these EVs are too small and too odd looking.

Back