ICE v Electric: Cost and Emissions

Is there a cost to residents to charge their vehicles parked there?
No charge. It's essentially a household outlet that's in a garage of a private condo building. Each condo gets one parking space. Not that many units. I think there are 4 on each floor, maybe 5 floors.

If it cost 20k to replace the battery is it like new?
No way. Same goes for ICE as well.
Every connection, switch, contact, knob, button, bolt, screw, etc has wear on it.
Everything is now made to be disposable.

As an example --- this past winter I needed to replace the auger motor on my pellet stove. All that was wrong with the motor was a nylon gear that would've been easily replaceable had the part been available. No dice. Had to replace the motor.

Ford using a safer battery technology. One of my biggest beefs with EV’s is battery safety.
I would not feel safe parking my Lithium ion car in my garage.

Price seems to have come down a bit for people buying a pre-owned R1T at auction. At least compared to a few months ago.

The lowest price for a new one seems to be $79,500 at the moment. Of course, there is a long wait if someone didn't put in a reservation a while back.

Screen Shot 2022-07-25 at 9.04.53 PM.jpg

Price seems to have come down a bit for people buying a pre-owned R1T at auction. At least compared to a few months ago.

The lowest price for a new one seems to be $79,500 $97,500 at the moment. Of course, there is a long wait if someone didn't put in a reservation a while back.

View attachment 15541
FIFY, but that ain’t counting tax and ya gotta bring a trailer...

Back