HVAC: What's best for cold climates?

@sig ... yesterday I filled out a contact form on the Runtal website, and this morning I got a call from Richard. He just spent 30 minutes listening. I sent him my design and he's going to make a proposal n/c. Should have it by Thursday. Unbelievable customer service in this day and age, IMO.
Yo Harv - first, good luck with all on the build. Second, years ago you did a great post about your Cabin. If you don't mind, some summary post on the issues to think about, planning, unexpected hiccups would be awesome. And good tips - like you or Camp mentioned once if your structure is 10x10 or less it is taxed at a lower rate.

My better half still says 'no' but I would personally benefit from this. Best D

imo...a/c is as important as heat..maybe more so.. :cool:

You could consider portable A/C if your cooling needs are minimal. You might have better handle on A/C needs after you move in and live in the house. Adding spits after the fact is not a big deal.

Harv, if ya have shade trees (deciduous) in the summer time shading yer abode ya might not need much in the way of AC.

It's going to be a while before I write that, hell if all goes well the house will be done in 2 years.

One thing I know already, taking it slow, spreading it out, thinking about it a lot, seems important. I think the garage is most improved because of the process.

Harv, if ya have shade trees (deciduous) in the summer time shading yer abode ya might not need much in the way of AC.

I would do a minisplit regardless. Even if it isn’t used for heat , running it for AC just to drop the humidity level in the house will go a long way for comfort. I suspect AC season is not all that long that far North.

You could consider portable A/C if your cooling needs are minimal. You might have better handle on A/C needs after you move in and live in the house. Adding spits after the fact is not a big deal.
Teslas are portable.
Got heatpump?
Yup.

Back