Greek Peak Conditions

Thanks for update, was gonna PM you tonight to get the scoop. Gonna hit it tomorrow now

Looks like God is choosing just a dusting for Snow Ridge, and McCauley, back to Greek tomorrow. Man, that was some raw weather in Binghamton this afternoon. The wind was brutal.

Bingmanton lights on over the hill.
1645355499338.png

Greek was good this morning. Couple inches of squall snow was a nice sweetener. Headed over to chair 4 at about 9:15. Down, oh no, not again. Lesson learned, skied straight to the base and grabbed a shuttle bus over to 5. The guy didn't want to take me, said he was told not to. Got on the radio, confirmed 5 was open, guy on the other end said said he normally shouldn't run to 5. I had to ski my powder skis, 110 underfoot, because the intire edge of my Brahmas blew out. Immediately after having the edges shaved by the shop. He said it didn't cause it, but idk. Anyway, the wide skis wouldn't fit in the rack on the side of the bus, so I walked in and sat down. The driver said he wasn't going to 5, I said he said not normally, but he could take me. He finally agreed, gave him a 5 as I departed. 4 was open by the time I got to the base of 5. I was hoping it wouldn't, but good that it did.
IMG_20220220_102201402~2.jpg

Big D...breakin the law, breakin the law. Or did he pose for a photo opp

The top of Iliad was super firm today. Apparently, I need to learn how to carve for real. I watched a woman ski down it with her skis at about a 45 degree angle. It was beautiful.

Not terrible, slow edge to edge, but the suckers fly at 190cm, make big turns fine. I'm in the market for new sticks, gonna demo the new Volkl Kendo when the shop gets them in. He's got a pair of Blizzard Bonafides in his consignment area that look new, bindings don't look like they've had boots in them, but I don't think I want a ski that wide as a daily driver, 98's I think. Have enjoyed the Blizzard Brahmas, 88 underfoot, solid ski.
Geez I would think as a daily driver at Greek I wouldn’t go over 80 but that’s just me. I used to ski a 88 as daily driver and now on 77s. Much prefer the narrower skis. I run the Stockli AX and blossom AM77 at Greek, and for dumps I pull out my Stockli SR95s. I haven’t skied the 95s yet this season and skied them a handful of times last season. They just seem quicker edge to edge with better hold as compared to wider skis being much more work and hard on knees. Choose wisely and pick a ski that complements your style.

Not terrible, slow edge to edge, but the suckers fly at 190cm, make big turns fine. I'm in the market for new sticks, gonna demo the new Volkl Kendo when the shop gets them in. He's got a pair of Blizzard Bonafides in his consignment area that look new, bindings don't look like they've had boots in them, but I don't think I want a ski that wide as a daily driver, 98's I think. Have enjoyed the Blizzard Brahmas, 88 underfoot, solid ski.
How do you know what to ski and when? I have a pair of Rossi Saphires that I picked up at the sale probably 14 years ago. I was just getting back into skiing then. I know that no ski will make me a better skier. Will a not so great ski hold me back?

Back