Greek Peak Conditions

He certainly is funny and is an expert on the ski industry.

So you think replacing the lifts with T-bars is a sound business strategy rather than a high speed quad?
I don't have an opinion on lifts at Greek. Is that what your group would have done?

I don't have an opinion on lifts at Greek. Is that what your group would have done?
What group? It’s just my family and I.

I believe the original question was something along the lines of what you would do regarding lift replacement if you had to select two lifts to replace.

Campgottogopee pretty much shot everyone’s idea down.

I felt from a marketing standpoint that a high-speed quad or six pack would enable the ski area to consolidate lifts 1a and visions, thus reducing staffing.

If you take a look at the ski resorts in the Catskills or Poconos that the city traffic needs to drive by in order to come to Greek Peak, nearly all of them have high-speed lifts.

I don’t know one darn thing about operating a ski area, but I do know that Greek Peak has a lift issue, and that the ski regions I mentioned have crowded ski areas with long lift lines, but Greek Peak does not.

Last edited:
You know what would really put Greek on the map? A gondola. Even better, how about a tram? Everybody knows that serious mountains have trams.
Ha ha! A gondola or tram would cost more than Greek Peak is worth.

We pushed through lunch today and skied until around 2:00. Conditions at 8:30 were ungroomed and firm. They were going to groom when the temperature dropped, but we did not see any of the cats. We were pretty much all over the mountain. We were pleased to see the race on the Odyssey, as well as the firefighters competing. Chair 5 opened around 9:40 and they had all lifts operating today. A few bare spots here and there, but nothing that the groomers can't repair.
I was there from 9:30 - 11. Cats hit Kristy's, Stoic and Trojan that I saw. I wish I could have stayed. They would have been fun!

Skied from opening till 11. Firm and fast but edgeable for the most part. Stoic was pretty slick. Groomers headed out past chair 3 about 9:15, headed up Kristy's together. Rode 4 up, patrol was waiting to drop the ropes right at 9:30. Made one run down the terrain park on Pollux. Hit a jump and landed badly, blew out my ACL,

Campgottogopee pretty much shot everyone’s idea down.
Nope, Camp and I agreed on the rope tow & T-bar brainstorm.
If you take a look at the ski resorts in the Catskills or Poconos that the city traffic needs to drive by in order to come to Greek Peak, nearly all of them have high-speed lifts.
I don’t know one darn thing about operating a ski area, but I do know that Greek Peak has a lift issue, and that the ski regions I mentioned have crowded ski areas with long lift lines, but Greek Peak does not.
Are ya really trying to say crowded ski areas with long lift lines is what yer looking for?
Might want to check that, just saying.

Right. And we like it that way. Who wants to ski in a crowded ski area and wait in a lift line? That's why I get there early and leave before it gets crowded.

Back