Greek Peak Conditions

Within a good snow year, Greek has a little of everything and a lot of acres. Best in CNY as far as variety, but on a bad snow year it gets old fast. As a night skier, when fully open Greek has the best terrain and acres around also. That being said I find myself heading to Elk early season because they can really lay it down, but would much rather be at Greek.

There were all sorts of activities happening all over the mountain. Between the ariel ski jumps, DJ's and bands on the mountain, to the two different Nastar courses, and after-parties, every inch of the mountain was bursting with activity. Then there were the packed A-Frames (cafeteria) and Taverna (table service).
That was Gordie and Monique

Progress. Access to information. Roads improved. Buses improved. You could get to the bigger mountains faster. Cheaper flights.

Progress. Access to information. Roads improved. Buses improved. You could get to the bigger mountains faster. Cheaper flights.
Same reason the "snow trains" to the Berkshires stopped before the 1960s.

Looks like day trip buses still exist to ski areas within 2-3 hours of NYC. Windham lists transportation options by bus and train, presumably more for overnight guests.

Speaking of which... I know that Gordie passed away about ten years ago, but is Monique still around? I believe they used to live on South Hill Road.
No, sadly she passed not all that long ago.
I'm very good friends with her son Boo. In fact, he and I, along with some other friends, celebrated Labor Day yesterday up on the mountain.

No, sadly she passed not all that long ago.
I'm very good friends with her son Boo. In fact, he and I, along with some other friends, celebrated Labor Day yesterday up on the mountain.

I'm so sorry to hear that Monique is gone. What an amazing family that contributed so much to the area! What is Boo up to? I heard that Grant moved out west, and I believe he and his family lived in Canada for a bit. I believe Gordie was Canadian.

Old school
Do you mean old lifts? Then yes, Greek's charm cup overflowith.?

But seriously, Greek is pretty good. Has some nice offpiste stuff, which is lacking at Elk. They've made huge improvements on the snow making front. Actually opened with 3 trails last year. That's a big plus over the usual single WROD at opening. I don't think they get the lake snow they used to, but no one does. I don't know how Snow Ridge stays open now. Only one day there the last 2 seasons, but we have been hitting McCauley more often

Back