Greek Peak Conditions

How do you define "charm"?

I've never been to Platty but from reading about it on here I'd have to say no. Platty sounds like it bleeds charm, here at GP we have the bones of charm and you kinda have to know where to look, but it's there. That said, we're cool AF, and the club house is a stand alone attraction.
The charm of the place comes from living here. It's a nice valley to live in.
Song’s at the end of a nice valley too.
Even has a nice view of a little finger lake and no hotel on the property.

Song’s at the end of a nice valley too.
Even has a nice view of a little finger lake and no hotel on the property.
This is true. But then there's the actual skiing part. GP offers the best terrain in CNY.
Greek skis bigger than it is. Chairs 2, 4 and 5 have charm.
We also have 1000's of acres of state land as our backyard. It's really a great place to live if you enjoy being inda woods.

A level of comfort
Like being home
Yep.
That's what I meant about the charm is in living here. Everyone knows each other. Walk into Trax and it takes 20 minutes to get to the bar because you have to stop and say hi to so many people. That's why we get there right when they open. ?

Greek Peak to me is about nostalgia. It's the memory of what it once was. Say what you will about Al Kryger, but he was a true visionary, and risk-taker. There were all sorts of activities happening all over the mountain. Between the ariel ski jumps, DJ's and bands on the mountain, to the two different Nastar courses, and after-parties, every inch of the mountain was bursting with activity. Then there were the packed A-Frames (cafeteria) and Taverna (table service).

That died over the years as skier visits declined. Families stopped driving past the Catskills and Pocono's, busses stopped coming in from NYC and Philly.

Now it's not unlike other small regional ski areas that are little more than a place to go ski and then head home. Don't get me wrong, we enjoy the place. It also has the best skiing by far in the region. It just isn't what it used to be.

First time I went was at night years ago after getting a replacement pair of brand new Yolkls cause the first pair was heisted at Song.
Friend I worked with me took after work, as his brother who lives near there was a pass holder.
They took me down one of the trails and there were sparks flying from runnin over some rocks.
Didn’t hurt the skiis much other than a couple scratches.
It early in the ski year and fun.

Back