Greek Peak Conditions

I grew up down there on the flat lands. My dad still lives in the house I grew up in. He lives in a totally different weather world than I do. He has no snow. I have had six inches of LE in the past week.

I am guessing you came down route 13. That would give a great view of the lake. It's also a pretty gentle hill. The next time your are in town, make sure you come down Buffalo St., for a real experience of Ithaca's hills. :) That's why I prefer to drive a stick, so the engine can brake on the way down.
Google sent us through Dryden and the slightly rolling hills along the way. Must be pretty in summer. Then, as we approached Ithica, I thought, I'll bet we're really going to drop big time before we get there, because I had been checking out road rides out of Ithica on Ridewithgps, and the elevation profiles are sick leaving that town, and, sure enough, I see a sign warning of a steep decline for trucks down to town from the northeast. I think we drove up Buffalo st. to get to Cornell. Holy crap, that rivals San Francisco streets.

Weird, random fact. My house is at a higher elevation than my brother's house in the Catskills.

Another weird random fact

The City of Cortland, settled in 1791, was incorporated in 1900 as the 41st city in the State of New York. Known as the "Crown City" because of its location on a plain formed by the convergence of seven valleys, Cortland is situated about 1,130 feet above sea level, making it the uppermost city to crown the state.

The City of Cortland, settled in 1791, was incorporated in 1900 as the 41st city in the State of New York. Known as the "Crown City" because of its location on a plain formed by the convergence of seven valleys, Cortland is situated about 1,130 feet above sea level, making it the uppermost city to crown the state.
Camp, Yup, it’s not far from the “continental" divide with H2O going either to Chesapeake bay or St. Lawrence river.

inmasirny_.gif

Back