Greek Peak Conditions

Skication day 1. Misty and 33 degrees today. The snow was a bit sticky. The nice thing about skiing during the week is that GP doesn't open until 9:30. I feel completely lazy, knowing that I don't have to rush to get there before it gets crowded.
WP, hear ya. Lab opens at 10 on Mondays and didn’t miss much when 1st run down was @11. Sounds like the same kind of snow and visibilities as y’all at Greek.

Don’t forget the 8 pack is back!! These are shareable with friends and family. Limited quantities available. $398

Yeah Odyssey and Wendy’s mostly. Troubled spots here and there also. Trojan was the run of the evening.

Nice snow, almost zero visibility. By the looks of the snowmakers footprints on Zeus, I'd say Greek picked up about 3" of lake snow. Between the guns blazing and the fog, pretty tough to see. Was told 5 may open for the weekend, that'd be nice, hopefully Odyssey too. Getting pretty bored with everything else. A storm sure would be nice.

Nice snow, almost zero visibility. By the looks of the snowmakers footprints on Zeus, I'd say Greek picked up about 3" of lake snow. Between the guns blazing and the fog, pretty tough to see. Was told 5 may open for the weekend, that'd be nice, hopefully Odyssey too. Getting pretty bored with everything else. A storm sure would be nice.
Did you go over to Trojan? How was it? I'm kinda sorta thinking I may be over there tomorrow morning and stay away from the crowds, such as they are at GP.

The visibility was hard, for sure. The two young women who were running the quad were great! They were super friendly and interactive.

And, yeah, we need a storm. I have to go to campus in a couple of weeks. You should count on a storm then. ;)

Did you go over to Trojan? How was it? I'm kinda sorta thinking I may be over there tomorrow morning and stay away from the crowds, such as they are at GP.
I was over there last night and thought it was the best snow on hill with Stoic being real close 2nd. But had to deal with crowds and racer practice on Stoic so did laps on Trojan. Kinda always been my go too at nights anyway.

I drove over to chair 5 today after skiing. The parking lot is plowed and they were blowing snow at the base. (They were also blowing snow on the trail that connects chair 4 to chair 5. I overheard someone say that it should be open tomorrow

I sure hope so. I have been spoiled this past week, by being able to ski mid-week. I had forgotten how much I hate skiing the main mountain on Saturdays. Too many people and too many people who think that skiing equals going down a hill pretty much straight as fast as possible.

That said, the conditions were good and the sun was out!!!

Back