Greek Peak Conditions

What a difference a day makes! A couple inches on the ground up top at opening. Snowed the whole time I was there, 9 till 11:30. Skied great.
IMG_20221211_110656955.jpg

Top of Karyatis
IMG_20221211_113250978.jpg

Middle
IMG_20221211_113501517_HDR.jpg

Bottom, or is it Meadows? Can't turn two trails into eight without divying them up.
IMG_20221211_110713850.jpg

Top of Fields
IMG_20221211_113441535.jpg

Fields from Karyatis, or Meadows
IMG_20221211_114703004_HDR.jpg

No other than long time regular Camo John and his snow beard.

I arrived at noon and left at 4 and it snowed all afternoon. A little sleet mixed in around 2, but it was back to all snow by 3:00, and there was 6 inches on the ground at closing at 4. Sunday afternoon was also the busiest it's been this season and one of of the busiest pre-Christmas days that they've had in a long time. There was a line at Visions between 2 and 3, mostly because it kept stopping for all the beginners who'd normally be on Alpha. Karyatis, Meadow and Platonic were crowded with beginners as well as Patrol, Adaptive and Ski Instructor training.

Staffing shortages are still a BIG PROBLEM everywhere. Ticketing, lifts, instructors, snow makers, grooming, mechanics, you name it. There are also open positions at the hotel, water park, ETC, ETC... If you know anyone who wants to ski for less and get paid, they are hiring. All employees get a season's pass. Full time benefits have expanded. And starting this year first year seasonal hires get a substantial discount on a family pass, and returning staff get full family passes immediately.
I've never seen so many openings....

Staffing shortages are still a BIG PROBLEM everywhere. Ticketing, lifts, instructors, snow makers, grooming, mechanics, you name it. There are also open positions at the hotel, water park, ETC, ETC... If you know anyone who wants to ski for less and get paid, they are hiring. All employees get a season's pass. Full time benefits have expanded. And starting this year first year seasonal hires get a substantial discount on a family pass, and returning staff get full family passes immediately.
I've never seen so many openings....
Thought the NY AG was fixing that with the lawsuit settlement.

Not bad today. I saw a bunch of people leaving when I got there at 9:45. The quad was down and only chair 1 was running with a huge line. It was back up in about 10 minutes and the crowds thinned out.

The new chair 3 is supposed to run tomorrow. Fancy!
20221217_110845.jpg

Not bad today. I saw a bunch of people leaving when I got there at 9:45. The quad was down and only chair 1 was running with a huge line. It was back up in about 10 minutes and the crowds thinned out.

The new chair 3 is supposed to run tomorrow. Fancy!View attachment 16874
I couldn’t see for shit, thinking time for OTG goggles. Was it just me?

Nope. Stupid flat light. I have some sunglasses with yellow lenses that really help.

I tried goggles, but I don't like the loss of peripheral vision at the bottom. Maybe that's just me, or maybe it's the goggles I bought.

On Thursday, December 22, 2022, come to Greek Peak and support the Virgil United Methodist Church Food Pantry. Your $10 donation grants you all day access to the lifts! Ski for a great cause at this year's Mountains of Giving event.

Back