Gore Mountain Conditions

Sir what are they putting in, high speed or fixed quad? That was a cool chair.
High-speed detachable quad.

"Then in the spring of 2024, Gore will break ground on three other major re-development projects planned to transform the Ski Bowl. They include a new lodge and restaurant, a replacement of the old Hudson triple chair with a new, high-speed detachable quad, and an exciting, entirely unique new Zip Coaster attraction."

At one point it was fixed. I guess it changed at some point.

High-speed detachable quad.

"Then in the spring of 2024, Gore will break ground on three other major re-development projects planned to transform the Ski Bowl. They include a new lodge and restaurant, a replacement of the old Hudson triple chair with a new, high-speed detachable quad, and an exciting, entirely unique new Zip Coaster attraction."
Wow so much change.

I heard you’re gonna need reservations to park at the Bowl next year

Link? That kind of implies weekend only operation, unless you mean reservations only required on weekends.

I'm the biggest Gore supporter out there, but even I think a 30m lodge demands more then XX ski days per season.

@snoloco how many days did the bowl spin this year? On time I think you told me the record was 28?

And X, my answer was trying to be funny or sarcastic (and true) but your point is well taken. I do wish it wasn't a high speed chair. I acknowledge that's not fully logical. But the new lift and the lodge pretty much demand a huge build out at the bowl for it to make sense. More trails, more snowmaking, more parking and more ski days at 1000 feet of elevation. IMO it also requires an earlier open for Burnt Ridge too.

It might be cheaper and benefit NC more to put a lift from town to the bowl.

This was news to me but McCauley seems to be replacing the old double with the Hudson Chair from Gore. I get it was an old double but seemed to be pretty reliable and was quick. The Hudson Chair is definitely not quick. Surprised the TOW decided to do it but guessing it was a good deal and long term maintenance will be easier since it's a newer lift.

This was news to me but McCauley seems to be replacing the old double with the Hudson Chair from Gore. I get it was an old double but seemed to be pretty reliable and was quick. The Hudson Chair is definitely not quick. Surprised the TOW decided to do it but guessing it was a good deal and long term maintenance will be easier since it's a newer lift.

I was told this was an additional chair replacing the Tbar at Big Mac. If they are replacing the Hall, I am crushed.

Link? That kind of implies weekend only operation, unless you mean reservations only required on weekends.

I'm the biggest Gore supporter out there, but even I think a 30m lodge demands more then XX ski days per season.

@snoloco how many days did the bowl spin this year? On time I think you told me the record was 28?

And X, my answer was trying to be funny or sarcastic (and true) but your point is well taken. I do wish it wasn't a high speed chair. I acknowledge that's not fully logical. But the new lift and the lodge pretty much demand a huge build out at the bowl for it to make sense. More trails, more snowmaking, more parking and more ski days at 1000 feet of elevation. IMO it also requires an earlier open for Burnt Ridge too.

It might be cheaper and benefit NC more to put a lift from town to the bowl.
Agree the money would have been much better spent in LP. 😂

Back