Gore Mountain Conditions

ā€¦a 30m lodge demands more then XX ski days per season.
ā€¦the new lift and the lodge pretty much demand a huge build out at the bowl for it to make sense. More trails, more snowmaking, more parking and more ski days at 1000 feet of elevation. IMO it also requires an earlier open for Burnt Ridge too.
QFT
My fear is that Ski Bowl will be put ahead of Rumor and Lies on the snowmaking priority list.

mm

QFT
My fear is that Ski Bowl will be put ahead of Rumor and Lies on the snowmaking priority list.

mm
Nope it will never happen. There is no priority list. They will not open the ski bowl without the interconnect being open.

There is no priority list.
Thereā€™s always priorities. They build the Holeshot glacier before they open Lies. Thatā€™s a priority. They open the interconnect before Rumor. They havenā€™t opened Steilhang in two years even after the recut it to make it easier to groom. Those are priorities. Now they have a new $30 million project and itā€™s not gonna be the last thing on the priority list.
Goreā€™s snowmaking has gotten better but it doesnā€™t seem like they ever expand it enough to keep up with the terrain they add.

mm

Has anyone seen a map of the new quad and the zippy coaster? Are those following existing trails or are they cutting more glades?

mm

Thereā€™s always priorities. They build the Holeshot glacier before they open Lies. Thatā€™s a priority. They open the interconnect before Rumor. They havenā€™t opened Steilhang in two years even after the recut it to make it easier to groom. Those are priorities. Now they have a new $30 million project and itā€™s not gonna be the last thing on the priority list.
Goreā€™s snowmaking has gotten better but it doesnā€™t seem like they ever expand it enough to keep up with the terrain they add.

mm
Once again "you're" priorities, not everyone else's. You're just a grump that bitches everytime you can :ROFLMAO:

The trail layout at The Ski Bowl will stay the same.

Last edited:
. Surprised the TOW decided to do it but guessing it was a good deal and long term maintenance will be easier since it's a newer lift.
Big controversy brewing over the TOW, McCauley, and the town of Inlet. Here's the short version. TOW and Inlet used to sell snowmobile passes in order to ride their trail system. It came out that TOW was/is using snowmobile monies to support McCauley, which in no way helps Inlet, so, Inlet pulled out. This leaves the TOW in a real bad situation as they don't have the mileage they used to. This is good for Inlet. I was never a fan of the permit system and never would support it. Now I'll be happy to go around OF and hit up Inlet.

Once again "you're" priorities, not everyone else's. You're just a grump that bitches everytime you can :ROFLMAO:

The trail layout at The Ski Bowl will stay the same.
Bring back the B climb on Gore's nordic trail system.

I know itā€™s not very important, but is someone going to fix the summit webcam? Itā€™s been down since 4/21.

I was told this was an additional chair replacing the Tbar at Big Mac. If they are replacing the Hall, I am crushed.
Looks like The Bowl's chairs are going to Big Mac to replace the double.
ā€œBig Chairā€ is ā€œretiring" & some folks wanna buy the old ones theyā€™re removing.
No scenic summer/fall rides this year neither.
Twas a great place to go to a wedding at the top on a bluebird peak leaf season Saturday.

Last edited:
Back