Gore Mountain Conditions

Hey Kleetus I think I remember if it was when I asked to join you thinking you guys were together and I was in the middle? I don't know whether to post this here or weather...Skied yesterday after my morning meeting. 12:30 to close. Rumor and Lies were great and still have quite a bit of snow to work with. This rain is going to kill the connection to the bowl. Spots on Sagamore were getting really thin as was Twister. They have U16 races this coming weekend. Where they were racing this weekend was salted so that could last on Echo. Lots of bags still waiting at the top. I rode up with a member of a well known local family who said they would make snow if the weather allowed. I said I seriously doubt it. He said they have to. You have been skiing most of your life at ORDA areas...it ain't happening. He also suggested we will download on the Gondi...I could go for that. The groomers are going to have to get creative if we are going to make it to April.😪
Thankfully, they have a history of being creative so I'm (KNOCK ON WOOD) cautiously optimistic on keeping things alive into April

Wonderful and fun day on the hill. Everything skied excellent today considering the hand we’ve been dealt. With a freeze tonight things should be great in the morning. And Sunday… well one day at a time right now.

Yes it was a decent day. Possibly my last of the season as I leave for Florida at the end of next week. My "return to skiing season" after 25 years away (at the age of 74) was enough of a success, that I took advantage of the Upgrade from Frequent Skier Card rates to buy a Senior Pass for next year! A little bummed when my "new " season pass did not entitle me to a 10% discount on food... which I felt the perks suggested it would. I knew some of ticket perks definitely were meant for next season. But come on... no 10% on food took some of the bloom off my first season pass ever! I had planned on grabbing a t-shirt for my grandson since this was his first Gore year as well. Probably silly of me but when they would not offer me my 10% discount I saved the other 90% and left with no t-shirt. Yep, sometimes old people can be stubborn.... Hopefully Sunday's 'elevation' snowstorm will provide Gore with some needed snow. I ski the lower mountain and there are bare spots, especially where trails turn. Add some lesson groups or resting boarders and you were threading a needle in a few spots. I end my season with an overall feeling Gore is a friendly mountain with employees they should be very proud of. And the skiers are pretty friendly as well.(y)

Nice spring day for early march. Everything up top skied well. It was my first day at gore this year. Hawkeye , lies and rumor have good coverage. Not sure how much longer the rest of the mountain will last. We need a miracle

Good to hear they opened up Lies again. When I was there this week it was open on Wednesday but closed on Thursday.

Monday is my guess. Really a toss up. Sunny Tues.

I’m two weeks into my post season mourning. Right knee is hanging on by a thread but if this storm pans out I’m targeting Tuesday as my new last day.

Back