Gore Mountain Conditions

Crisis management. After numerous complaints about snowmaking and grooming quality and a whistleblower complaint, ORDA sent the Belleayre boss up there to kick ass and take names.
Hopefully it’s for training, best practices & improvements.
Ya know yer not allowed to kick ass anymore and if yer a snowmaker yer pretty tough.
Maybe it’s to help figure out any problem(s) with the system & doing “work” getting a reservoir approved.

they can't expand anywhere else.
Gore doesn’t need to expand their mileage at this time.
Just take care of the miles approved already is enough.

You’ll have grey hair before the miles already already approved is open most of the time, if ya don’t already.

Hopefully it’s for training, best practices & improvements.
Ya know yer not allowed to kick ass anymore and if yer a snowmaker yer pretty tough.
Maybe it’s to help figure out any problem(s) with the system & doing “work” getting a reservoir approved.

Read that earlier before all the newer comments were put up.
Thanks for the reminder.
The ones relating to Gore & WRT @snoloco ’s mileage limits concerns:
Ya can put in shiny new high speed multi million dollar lifts & build new approved trails but if the snow conditions suck...
Vail Resorts Inc. rarely mentions snow in their investor releases.

Last edited:
Good day today. Hero snow abounded and everything skiied great. Foggy at times with sunny breaks but visibility was never too bad. ROTD was a groomed Rumor with perfect soft snow.

This week is going to do a lot of damage. Already a few rocks poking through the Rumor headwall. Rocks also starting to show on Topridge in quite a few spots on the skiers left. Didn't ski much on the lower mountain but Twister is getting thin in spots. Pipeline traverse and wood out were closed and from Backwoods at least looked like it was closed cause it was cooked.

I hope today wasn't my last day at Gore for the season. Odds are it probably won't be but going to Snowbird and Brighton end of this week and won't be back until the weekend of the 16th. Given the forecast I might not be coming back to much and this week is going to do a lot of damage. If today was it though for Gore, I'll take it.

My buddy said they couldn't ski today because of Avy conditions in Italy. I told him I hope there is something left when he gets back...That being said, today made it into my top ten this year, close to 5. ROTD RUMOR! It took until March to groom it and although the whales and bump fields created, were good...Today was great. And I didn't ski it until lunchtime. Echoing Kleetus Hero snow! I showed up a little late 8:45 at the ski bowl. I was the last public chair on the Hudson. I have not done that in a while. Anyone else experience that late Hudson ride...uh oh...good thing we're getting a new high speed chair next year...lmfao (I hope I;m wrong)

Good day today. Hero snow abounded and everything skiied great. Foggy at times with sunny breaks but visibility was never too bad. ROTD was a groomed Rumor with perfect soft snow.

This week is going to do a lot of damage. Already a few rocks poking through the Rumor headwall. Rocks also starting to show on Topridge in quite a few spots on the skiers left. Didn't ski much on the lower mountain but Twister is getting thin in spots. Pipeline traverse and wood out were closed and from Backwoods at least looked like it was closed cause it was cooked.

I hope today wasn't my last day at Gore for the season. Odds are it probably won't be but going to Snowbird and Brighton end of this week and won't be back until the weekend of the 16th. Given the forecast I might not be coming back to much and this week is going to do a lot of damage. If today was it though for Gore, I'll take it.
We skied everything that was open at Burnt Ridge and Ski Bowl today and it looks like Paradox between the bridges is cooked. Today was likely the last day for Ski Bowl access, but they might be able to keep Backwoods open by routing traffic across both bridges and down the left side of Roaring Brook.

My buddy said they couldn't ski today because of Avy conditions in Italy. I told him I hope there is something left when he gets back...That being said, today made it into my top ten this year, close to 5. ROTD RUMOR! It took until March to groom it and although the whales and bump fields created, were good...Today was great. And I didn't ski it until lunchtime. Echoing Kleetus Hero snow! I showed up a little late 8:45 at the ski bowl. I was the last public chair on the Hudson. I have not done that in a while. Anyone else experience that late Hudson ride...uh oh...good thing we're getting a new high speed chair next year...lmfao (I hope I;m wrong)
Suds. I think we rode up Straightbrook today. Maybe noon or 1 ish? Was pretty sure it was you but there was also another single on the chair which I too was a single. Gray and blue jacket with black pants.

Was a great day and glad I went even though I have to get up at 4AM tomorrow to fly out for work and it was a 2.5 hr drive each way. Not sure what will be left when I get back...

Hey Kleetus I think I remember if it was when I asked to join you thinking you guys were together and I was in the middle? I don't know whether to post this here or weather...Skied yesterday after my morning meeting. 12:30 to close. Rumor and Lies were great and still have quite a bit of snow to work with. This rain is going to kill the connection to the bowl. Spots on Sagamore were getting really thin as was Twister. They have U16 races this coming weekend. Where they were racing this weekend was salted so that could last on Echo. Lots of bags still waiting at the top. I rode up with a member of a well known local family who said they would make snow if the weather allowed. I said I seriously doubt it. He said they have to. You have been skiing most of your life at ORDA areas...it ain't happening. He also suggested we will download on the Gondi...I could go for that. The groomers are going to have to get creative if we are going to make it to April.😪

Back